Micromax MMX 400R MiFi Router Review and INSTALLATION .

for MDMA to work you got to first make the windows to detect the device as modem

thanks for the wonderful review..I bought this mmx400R just bec I had seen ur reviewand i got it for 2300

is it new one?from where did you get for 2300?

Its price has come down...
can get it for around 2450 from ebay using 5%/7% vouchers

I bought it from indiatimes using a 400 off gift coupon

they shipped from their end and I am waiting for the courier guy

I too purchased the router after reading your review. Thanks for the wonderful review. I require help on two issues. How does one access the routers SD card over the webpage?
I have lost the userguide can you please scan it an post it on the forum of the benefit of all the forum members. Reply asap waiting for your posts. I am currently using Idea and am not satisfied as even putting it on the 3G settings does not give good speed. The signals varies throughout the day. I will purchase an mtnl 3G card today and post the results. I use my router on Sony vaio and Micromax funbook. No problems so far. I would once again like to put it that your review was good and after reading it i decided to buy, you have helped me in making a right choice. If you are from mumbai, can you suggest a good ISP?

just browse your pc for micro sd to show up as a pen drive
configure wifi from your browser type in address bar 192.168.1.1 thankx for likes!!!

thanks for the wonderful review..I bought this mmx400R just bec I had seen ur review

and i got it for 2300
thank you hap

Hello this review is for the souls who come up with a query that should one go for Micromax MMX 400R. I purchased it from Naaptol, the delivery took a week. I thought that i would receive a black colored modem, but ended up receiving a white color one. The photo on the webpage showed that the modem was black in color.
Now let us get down to the unboxing part. The modem comes along with a battery, a usb cable, a usb charger unit and operation manual. The manual is actually a leaflet that has the bare information on operation. For onces who are adept to using IT products the information is good enough. For the newbies, I suggest that you contact Micromax for the detailed manual. I got mine via email. The detailed manual is a good 22 page information.
I tried SIM from three companies, MTNL, Idea and Voda. The modem automatically detects settings. I am currently using Idea, the speed that I get is 3 Mbps. I am satisfied.
The antenna is powerful, catches signals in corners. Since I have been using it for quite a while I can help in trouble shoot incase anyone has queries.
Now to a final question, why buy this when Iball baton is available. Well you see that I ball baton and a host of such modems convert 3G modems into wifi spots. Currently, 3G modems are expensive and if you are unsatisfied with the service the modem is not returnable. Its a dead investment. I know leaving aside tata photon all the other 3G modems can be reused with another sim. Whether they give access to settings is something I have not yet researched into.
The wifi hot spots, or modems like Micromax MMX 400R offered by Idea, Voda or tata cost a bomb. Its minimum Rs. 5000 and up. I guess this is worth it considering that it is half the cost and does the same, converts the sim into a wifi hotspot.
The greatest advantage of such a system is that if one is unsatisfied with the internet service, all one has to do is chuck the sim off and buy a different sim. With 3G modems this is difficult as the modems are non returnable. Once again I strongly recommend this product. It is a must have for tablet owners. Sub Rs. 10000 tablets do not have a sim slot, this fills up the surfing connectivity. You can always carry your personal wifi connection and use it on a multiple devices like mobiles, laptops and pc's.
Happy surfing.
Incase anyone needs the detailed manual, he can message me.

thank you arvind.prasad to configure your wifi in your browser type 192.168.1.1 and configure !! Happy Browsing!!

Hi arvind,
I am newbie to this forum can you send the detailed manual to me

Hi i am newbie to this forum
Whether this router can be connected to pc thro data cable for browsing internet?
Whether this router works with android low cost tablets like Micromax fun book, Ubislate7+ for browsing internet?
What is the use of memory card? While browsing can I download data or video into the memory card?
Is there provision to check data usage (sim balance)?

hey marioknpc ; you can connect your modem to pc via usb and still use it as wifi so its wifi for 5 users plus a pc user!!

i personally had some issues of disconnection but got it solved issue was mainly arise in windows 7 !it used to disconnect automatically !!steps to connect to windows 7 via an USB 1 connect to your pc2 let it come to the stage where it says identifying...3 just disable 4 reconnect your modem to the network i.e press power button 2 times , like we click our mouse !!5 modem will start to connect !6 WHILE modem is connecting , in your PC right click the network option and select enable .7 your connection will be established in max. 1 minute and there will be a poup so click that popup and it will open your default browser

Can we connect an external antenna to this device??
No bro , and i think you wont need it either!

i think micromax should provide something to me as i have brought him 2 or 3 sales and there mi8 be some disgused sales also!!

Hey Arvind,

Can u plz send me the detailed manual for this device. It would really help. my id is avisekmondal@gmail.com

Thanks in advance. 🙂

for all those asking for a user guide, it's right there in the device. when you access your device through your browser(http://192.168.1.1/)
just click on the user guide icon (white and green) at the top and it will get downloaded to your computer.

Hi I got my device. Its working perfectly except that I got only 3 hrs backupIs there an option to reduce its wifi range - strength of signal to save on battery

I am currently using this as well and I am suffering from a huge problem!The device just goes OFF when the charge is extremely low even when it is charging! This has really disrupted my work since everytime the device goes OFF I have to wait for some 30 mins for some charge to accumulate and only then it turns ON.Tried everything.. NO USE.. Any help appreciated..This is causing extreme FRUSTRATION for me