BSNL - DNA - A211-I modem issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Gopinaath
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,927

Gopinaath

ISP
BSNL
Hi, Hope someone could help me here. few days back my modem had issues with wifi and the modem kept rebooting often. I disabled the WiFi and was working fine up untill yesterday when enabled the WiFi. Now when i configure the PPPoE Users name and pwd and save it - the modem doesn't saves any configuration. tried to turn off Wifi and try to reboot the router - the WiFi come on back. did factory reset and it didn't work. What ever i do on the settings page it doesn't gets saved when the router /modem is rebooted. i looked through the net and found a patch (3.08.02.IB.02.01_cfe_fs_kernel) and applied and still no luck. i spoke to BNSL person who mentioned that i buy a new router as they don't have a stock to replace. I don't want to spend and buy a new one. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

It seems the router is faulty beyond repair. I faced a similar situation with a friend's modem and found no way to save changes.

Yup, gone beyond repair. Sorry, youll have to buy a new one. You may want to post your budget so that we can suggest you some routers .

Most modems like D-Link, Belkin cost around 2.2 K. I think iBall has models below 2K. Ebay has chinese modems like ZTE at much lesser rates.

fellas.....i've fixed the issue. I reached out to Gouse with Semindia (manufacturer of the BSNL modem). he sent me a firmware file and mentioned that firmware patch is 2009 which is the latest, but the modem already had the 2009 patch. When i updated the firmware what he gave me .....it was of 2008. I tried to save the user configuration settings..... it worked 🙂 🙂Thanks to Mr.Gouse who saved me 2K.Tc and thanks for your help and suggestions. cheers