• Thread starter Thread starter anandsesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 34,590

anandsesh

ISP
BSNL, TataPhoton+
Hi,

I am Anand from Mahadevapura, Bangalore. I am having BSNL Dataone [phone line dead since last 5 months 🙁 ] and Tataphoton+.
As my BSNL line is dead since last 5 months and N number rounds and complaint to BSNL didnt prove positive and I think Tataphoton+ is expensive for a user lke me who does more downloads. So I want to move to some other ISP.

I tried calling many ISPs, some are costly and some doesn't have feasibility in my lane/ area I reside in though its available some 100s of meters aways.
People from Reliance, Spectranet, Railwire did come to my house to check the feasibility, but Reliance completely denied pulling a line though there junction box is very near compared to other ISPs. Spectranet and Railwire both say the service is available in my area but it will take some more time to pull a line to my street, they have asked few more weeks of time from me, but they are not guaranteeing me about pulling the line.

Today one of my friend gave me a pamphlet Ad about company called AirWire. I am hearing the company name for the 1st time. I did a search and found a url which shows the content of Airwire, though the domain name points to justdialboadband.com ( http://www.justdialbroadband.com/ ).
I called the number provided in the pamphlet. He too said he will come to my home today evening will check for the feasibility in my street though its present in my locality.

I request people to give there review if they have come across this service provider called AirWire.

Requesting Admin to create a seperate section for Airwire if Airwire is a Service provider.

Regards,
Anand

Can anybody write a review about Airwire?And can do we get Public IP (dynamic or static) for home connections?

Can anybody write a review about Airwire?
And can do we get Public IP (dynamic or static) for home connections?

HI Anand,

I am Aditya from Mahadevapura.
I am also facing the same problem as I need to download a lot.

Did u finally subscribe to AIRWIRE ...n if so how is the service ..???

I took AirWire service through my cable operator (BEML quarters locality - Bangalore), a combo offer (5mbps - 20gb post limit 1mbps, cable tv service free ) for 1399. I guess this is a very descent deal! The only issue I found is browser based login required everytime when I want to access, now I have put my wifi router, so once I login, as long as the wifi router is running, it will not prompt for login. Its just a day, so need to observe for some more time to get reliability facts... I was using Airtel before for the past 9 yrs and never had downtime almost. Since Airtel doesnt have presence in this area, I am doing this adventure with AirWire.. Fingers crossed!
btw, AirWire uses Airtel I guess, atleast the whatismyip displays that way.

My friend also uses Airwire & is all praises for thier plans/reliability

can anyone please provide airwire's number over here.i tried visiting their website but its down from quite sometime.

Hello,If any airwire users are happy with the performance and service of the ISP, can you please give me the respective contact numbers so that I too can get them. ???? BTW, is it feasible in my area?(Jayanagar 9th block)Thanks in advance,Akshay

Airwire is very good, I am staying at Narayanapura and using airwire for about 2 years.
You can contact Pandi - 91414 59418 and tell him that you are referred by Mohan from S R homes.
Even 3 of my friends using same surrounded by..

Mohan Kumar N said:
Airwire is very good, I am staying at Narayanapura and using airwire for about 2 years.
You can contact Pandi - 91414 59418 and tell him that you are referred by Mohan from S R homes.
Even 3 of my friends using same surrounded by..
Thank you for your prompt reply sir. Any possibility of providing me a website link to their services. And btw, I am not sure if its feasible in my area or not. That guy hasnt yet picked up my call.

akshay24 said:
Thank you for your prompt reply sir. Any possibility of providing me a website link to their services. And btw, I am not sure if its feasible in my area or not. That guy hasnt yet picked up my call.
These is no website for them but their back end is http://www.nedataa.com/ as per my knowledge. You can try again to contact him.. he will pick up the call.. he might be travelling or some customer location that why he might not picked up. More over.. the above same number ending with 8 you can change from (1 to 9) all series is Airwire only.

Mohan Kumar N said:
These is no website for them but their back end is http://www.nedataa.com/ as per my knowledge. You can try again to contact him.. he will pick up the call.. he might be travelling or some customer location that why he might not picked up. More over.. [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]the above same number ending with 8 you can change from (1 to 9) all series is Airwire only.[/color]
Hi Mohan,
Thanks for the airwire backend info. But when I looked at the nedataa plans, no where they are matching with 4mbps airwire plan :-(. Do you have any additional info on airwire plans/tariffs. My cable guy is not providing the complete info and I am kinda lost to decide what is the best plan I should go with. Thanks in advance

Airwire Site: Airwire Broadband Connections
Their 100GB @ 6MBps plan looks a decent deal. Good FUP too @ 1MBps.
I can confirm they give RJ45 connections which can be used as WAN link input to Wi-Fi router's.

Just one few confirmation I need:

Do they use DHCP or static IP?
How is the upload speed on their connection?
Does the net works during a powercut, assuming you connect their LAN cable to laptop directly?
( The cable company near our area said they give 2hr power backup using UPs installed in some nearby buildings, not bad at all )

I am almost game for their service.

Update on Airwire:

Airwire provides a static IP based service. ( You will need to switch to static IP setting for your area in the router setting )
Best part, during a powercut, they give 2hr backup internet on the wire.
So, imagine you are watching a streaming & lost power ( assuming you do not have a bigger UPS to power your home devices ), just connect the wire ( RJ45 ) to your laptop & define the staic IP details for the LAN & re-login to airwire site to enjoy viewing the stream.

I opted for 75GB @ 6MBps with FUP of 1MBps @ Rs 1100/-

This post itself is done when I am having an extended power cut...almost 3hrs now ( the power cut in our area ) but I'm still connected via my ultrabook...wow.

6mBps - did you megabytes ?
Which is 48 Mbps, megabits