Airtel quality going bad to worse

• Thread starter Thread starter Sjha77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,431

Sjha77

ISP
Airtel
I am airtel user from last 7 years. Even though their plans were costly, there service & customer care quality was superb. I see a dramatic decline in it now. Looks like they have become greedy. They started charging money for even talking to customer care. For every visit now engineer charges money. Even though Internet is down, now they don't adjust monthly bill to discount for down time. They fail to meet now the time commitement provided for resolution. Not sure if they got more customer than they can handle. Does anyone has similar experience with them?Sanjeev

I am airtel user from last 7 years. Even though their plans were costly, there service & customer care quality was superb. I see a dramatic decline in it now. Looks like they have become greedy. They started charging money for even talking to customer care. For every visit now engineer charges money. Even though Internet is down, now they don't adjust monthly bill to discount for down time. They fail to meet now the time commitement provided for resolution. Not sure if they got more customer than they can handle. Does anyone has similar experience with them?
Sanjeev

Yep. Have seen a dramatic fall in quality of service in north Delhi. It was brilliant 2-3 years back. Since last year it has gone from bad to worse.

Basically, they have stopped putting any new investments in Wired Broadband infrastructure. So the existing infra will crumble with new Additions.

+1. There used to be a time when I used to tell people asking for ISP / internet plan recommendations to go blindly with the fastest unlimited plan of Airtel. Not anymore. I remember the time when their services were A+. They used to replace modems, phones etc. at the slightest chance of their being a problem, at no cost to the customer, and no major paperwork hassles or waiting either. I remember the time they would promise x speed and give you 20% more. I remember the time when "unlimited" meant "unlimited" and not "limited." I remember the time when I could effortlessly stream videos on a 1Mbps connection without any buffering, but now with 4Mbps I can't watch streaming video anymore (except on youtube) because it stutters and stops every 5 -10 seconds.It's tragic that the quality of their services into the ground. I wonder who is to blame - bad leadership? Probably a case of too many MBAs running around looking to cut costs and maximize profits, without any thought to the goodwill built by them over the years. Worst part is the obscene money they spent on the 'rebranding' exercise with their sh**ty new logo, instead of spending it on improving their services.

Looks like even Airtel employee recognise this downward service trend. They acknowledged these changes. My modem is down from last 5 days. Even after 2 calls to them, it's not fixed yet.

I think u read my mind sjha77. this is soooo true. The reason for this decline in quality is that they have finally started to give money preference over customer satisfaction.In my city they even fired the old staff and hired new people 🙁 we can clearly see this from their new plans. but i want to tell you that engineers are NOT taking any money for visit. Do they take for every visit in your area? another thing you said about having more customers than they can handle is completely true. If we see back 2-3 years from now they made all us customers feel like king and now it seems like they are torturing us 🙁