• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 144
  • Views Views 12,082

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
ISP
Hyperoptic
Just finished watching Season 1 of the show and wow I was amazed . The first 5-6 episodes were average , not a lot of character development or plot but after that it picked up amazingly . A must watch if you are a fan of war/gladiator movies .

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, it has fantastic nudity! Lucy Lawless! (Xena) 😛 #PervertTalk

So, watching the first season. And again... not very impressed. 😀

Too much nudity with no good reason. A bit too inspired with the special effects of 300? How many times do I need to see blood coming out of the mouth of people in slow motion? heh. It is hilariously bad.

the story does pick up after the 5th episode. can't be compared to GoT of course.

right. just noticed your two year old post. i am on ep05 hoping that it gets better from now on! it looks like a b-grade inspiration of 300. 😀 i almost expect Gerard Butler to appear out of nowhere and kick some arse!

Too much nudity with no good reason.
"There is no such thing as gratuitous sex. Gratuitous violence, yes... Sex cannot and will not ever be gratuitous." - Detective John Munch.

Starz is premium cable and they have a sex and nudity quota to fill.

hah. i am nearing the end of season one and yes it gets interesting. and yes, excessive and senseless nudity continues!

At the end of Blood and Sand, Andy Whitfield, the actor who played Spartacus was diagonosed with cancer. While he was getting treatment, they shot a season which is a prequel to Blood and Sand and is called Gods of the Arena. Unfortunately, Andy lost the battle with cancer. R.I.P. Andy.Liam McIntyre played the character of Spartacus in Spartacus: Vengeance.

whoa. had no idea. 😕 it would be weird to see another person play his character at a later stage.

aww. it's like bond movies. but here the good guy does not kill the bad guy properly before celebrating. happened with Theokoles. why not ensure the kill before celebrating? duh.

When the capua arena burned down, that scene was thrilling. Vengeance is catching on heat. I'm waiting for Marcus Crassus the primary antagonist to be introduced in next season.

can someone tell me if the second season is worth watching? i have still not decided considering it is supposed to be a prequel 😕

Gods of the Arena, a prequel season is not the second season. Vengeance is the second season. And yes it's worth watching.