• Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 60,891

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Noticed today on my feature phone that Airtel has activated 3G 😕 I was to deactivate the GPRS connection too considering the phone does not support either one of them. Please tell me the procedure to deactivate both?

send 3G to 121... You will get an option to deactivate or change the 3G plan.

😀 got it done. deactivated edge too. so hard on a featurephone! i still do not understand how and why they auto subscribed me to 3G plan. 😕 arseholes.

Airtel has habit of activating services (unwanted most of the times), dont you know 😀

well i do know that. i have not seen it happen for a long time now. and just as i ditch my smartphone to switch a featurephone and bang, 3G activated even though my phone does not even have 2G support!

i can get the nexus or the s3. but i am going to wait for the next generation phones. i really wish google clarify their position with motorola soon now that they have completed the acquisition. and then there are rumors that jelly bean release would see nexus devices from five different manufacturers. it's going to be a long wait. getting a nexus today feels like a very bad move. i would be spending 25K on it (wife would pay of course). and by the end of the year i would want to move to the new generation nexus and this phone would fetch little in resale value. trying to see if i can stick with a feature phone for the next six months or so. 🙂

s3 has major issues man. the UI sucks. the display sucks. the features are too creepy. frankly speaking one x is a much much better phone compared to the s3. i should have gone for the nexus in the first place. i have ignored so many wonderful devices in the past (sensation, s2 etc etc) sticking to the nexus brand. should have continued with that. with the month of may almost ending, not really interested in getting the nexus now. SGN was launched in October/November last year which makes it a 7 month old model. i can wait for six months!i am actually tempted to buy the lumia 800 for a change. try out windows phone for six months. might even considering 808 if the pricing is sane which is unlikely to happen though 🙂

Apart from the creepy features I find the S3 to be quite nice. A stable CM9 will perhaps make it worth it. But, will you be able to last without the google services ?

the only reason i use android is that i am a heavy user of google services. 🙂 and no. i have no desire to root the phone and install cm9 on it. that's why i have been sticking with nexus devices. my major issue with one x was related to ui and i could have waited a decent third party mod. but it's not something that i like to get involved into. so got rid of the phone. 🙂