Which 3G plan as replacement of my broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter dragonball
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,248

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
ISP
Airtail
OK So I am shifting to a rented apartment in NCR where I cannot install a broadband. My current broadband usage is 10gb/month (airtel). I was thinking that I can get a 10gb 3G plan on my existing vodafone postpaid and use my phone through cable to connect to internet on my laptop. Is that a good idea? But I am confused between vodafone 3G plans. I shortlisted the 2500 Rs, 12GB 3G (Mobile Broadband), but what is the concept of mobile broadband? Any advise?

Wont it be better if you get one of those wifi/wimax/4g internet based services like tikona.

I dont know how that thing works but:1) My limit usually never exceeds 15gb a month2) 3G is portable so i can use it on my laptop even when i am on the move outside my premise. That is a big plus.3) 3G will not have any installation charges etc. I dont want to install anything as I am moving only for few months.

Then look at MTNL. the 15GB 3G plan costs 1200. And for 1650 you get unlimited.
Can't switch from vodafone. Have to keep vodafone only.

Gee, check if mtnl 3G coverage is nice in your area. Which part of ncr ?
Gurgaon. Can't switch from vodafone. Have to keep vodafone. I frequently travel a lot to places where there are only Voda/Airtel signals.

Er.. then why the thread? You'll have to get the plan you mentioned. Mobile broadband is just a fancy term for 3g internet. maybe they give a complementary USB dongle.

You don't need to switch from vodafone. No harm in buying an mtnl prepaid sim. 3G coverage is pretty nice here 😀 . bsnl while roaming.Only reason I think of for specifically wanting vodafone, is if your employer is footing the bill, if that is the case, then, the plan you've mentioned should be fine. Expect speeds of 1.5-4mbps.

someone should look at this tata photon pro 2MBps 1375 plan. Seems its wired i checked out with CC they said there is no such plan and a plan with 1399 is there instead.

I asked about if there is any FUP on it the chic told me she doesn't know what is FUP and the plan doesn't have any I had to explain her then what is FUP she still didn;t know what I was talking about....I am just surprised how these people get the job without even having the basic information !

----------

http://tatatelenterprise.com/broadband/all.html

Wouldn't be surprised if plan ends up having a crap FUP ..... probably should be reported to TRAI too for not even letting customers know about FUP !

It does not have fup, spoke to someone I know who is using the plan. Problem is, tata is present in the complex next to mine 🙁

I am still not ready to believe that tata would offer 2MBps for 1375 without crap FUP ...as then it would be the lowest price ever after Beam which seems unlikely with TATA !

Yes, but the SME division is different from the real enterprise division, as in you can avail sme plans on a home connection.

----------

@anant

I'm sure, that that chap isn't lying. No other way to ascertain though 😛

well even CC people don't know about this plan to begin with no wonder not many people out here using it lol