Indian Premier League Updates

Wah Bhai arrest denial & confession all in one post... Btw this player has a history of violence... But as usual if u have the backing of rich ppl behind u(read mallaya) then u don't have to worry about commiting small crimes like these coz u know they will protect u matter what...

I have a gut feeling that Dhoni might win again this year!

Hope am wrong.

I am going to keep my mouth shut on CSK...

I just get a feeling that KKR will win today...

If KKR win today, Chennai or mumbai will not have good chance of a final.DD has a good pace attack and might lose at pune today but at any other place, they will be lethal. So my bet is KKR will play DD in final again if KKR win today.

Immaterial as loser of today's match plays winner of chn-mum in chennai... So KK-R needs to be faced in Chennai by one/all 😀

i really don't understand what has Indian police got against raves, i was 'detained' at a rave for 15 or 20 mins some 6 or 7 years back, made a fast call to my lawyer who made some right calls and we were send off, but this whole thing is just sucks balls and this has been going on since 2003 , 04 when rave scene made it to India. bottom line at any party with tons of ppl you would always have some guys and girls and theirs moms and dads doing drugs or other naughty things and some just enjoying the music and dance as me, i have been to parties in India which give 'swinging' a whole different meaning. it is more or less likely that cops want some media light and media wants to show some known faces getting busted , you won't stop drug abuse at a rave , to stop it you have cut of the supply and the supply which is mostly done with . dealers + cops+ politicians all working together, this is a huge pipeline of money which nobody is cutting off. you have some parts of U.S law right ,the fifth amendment or the bill of rights contains a lot of things but one part is, if you take the fifth you cannot be made to say or produce any evidence which would incriminate you. yep if evidence is produced in illegal way then the court would throw the case out, for example if there is a wire tap as evidence and taped evidence is without a court order the whole case is thrown out. U.S courts or rather lawyers work on simple thing , hardly any case goes to trail, it is always better to cut a deal, there are many well known layers in U.S who have not set a step inside a court room . MG what you are talking what is U.N's charter on human civil rights which nobody in this world gives flying frak about, Geneva convention applies to POW's and war crimes which again are pissed on everyday esp by U.S. and dude NZ govt and courts have bended and also oiled themselves for the Kim/mega case , it is time you guys made some noise about it or nobody is going to pay 10 mill for NZ citizenship and then have their rights taken away at the whim some of companies.

The raid was EXTREMELY badly organized and broke a lot of rules of CPC and Mumbai Police Act (sections 162 and 199 of the relevant codes, IIRC) - including no food and water provided, forced testimony and photographs taken of non-arrested persons.

Worse is that there was a lot of lies: the ACP (Mr Patil, I think his name is) PROMISED that females would not be detained at the police station after medical tests were done, yet they were taken and held for 4 hours. They also didn't give the requisite paperwork, despite multitudes of xeroxes of all sorts of documentation - so no charge, no arrest, but detained anyway.

Basically, a few idiots ruined the nights of the rest - there were many innocent victims, many of whom were held until about 6am - some even longer - without notification to family at the appropriate time (which is part of the detaining procedure). It seems that the police are just trying to make up their arrest quotas to avoid anyone noticing that they sleep through the other 26 days a month they're supposed to be on duty, deduced from the fact that the media were called about 45 minutes in advance of the raid *AND* there was 1 big cop and 2 sidekicks present at the party (presumably scoping it out)!

Additional fallout from this incident is that many of the foreign tourists have pledged NOT to return to India and to tell all their friends never to come here, which is both sad and economically not very good.

[FTR, I wasn't there, but I was directly affected as a result - I will be filing a complaint on behalf of someone, which makes 2 pending complaints against Mumbai Police in 2 months. Way to go, jerks.]

The Police of this country sucks .. One cant have any work done here without having contacts .. example :- In 2006 there was a building getting made next to mine, they would work till late sometimes 10pm , sometimes 11pm . i filed a police complaint nothing happened .. I used some contacts and then there was a different story, the police actually took some action against them and started shutting their work by 7pm ...

it is more or less likely that cops want some media light and media wants to show some known faces getting busted , you won't stop drug abuse at a rave , to stop it you have cut of the supply and the supply which is mostly done with . dealers + cops+ politicians all working together, this is a huge pipeline of money which nobody is cutting off.

You're pretty much saying what I did 😀

you have some parts of U.S law right ,the fifth amendment or the bill of rights contains a lot of things but one part is, if you take the fifth you cannot be made to say or produce any evidence which would incriminate you.

Again, isn't that what I said?

MG what you are talking what is U.N's charter on human civil rights which nobody in this world gives flying frak about, Geneva convention applies to POW's and war crimes which again are pissed on everyday esp by U.S.

Well, maybe not in China, but most of the rest of the world gives half a damn. Unless it's a terror suspect, then they "deserve it", apparently.

But nevertheless, the U.N rules HAVE BEEN ADOPTED in local policy and so, even if nobody gives a toss about the UN charter, they should surely give a toss about the local law. Especially since they're supposed to be enforcing it and all.

and dude NZ govt and courts have bended and also oiled themselves for the Kim/mega case , it is time you guys made some noise about it or nobody is going to pay 10 mill for NZ citizenship and then have their rights taken away at the whim some of companies.

At first, yes, the court bent to the will of the US, however that was before anyone knew about the full extent of the case. Some Kiwis take it upon themselves to get educated on matters and none of us like being bullied by the USA. We told Bush to f* off on more than one occasion, but Obama apparently is just so damn charming 😀

Raw Video: Obama Sings Al Green - YouTube

Kim Dotcom did NOT gain citizenship, only residency, although he now has a set of twins who are NZ citizens because they were born there, so yay for them. New Zealand does not limit the number of passports I can have (unlike countries like India and the USA, where you're only allowed the one unless you were born a dual citizen, but if you acquire citizenship by naturalization in certain countries you are required to relinquish any others you may possess), so he *could* apply for citizenship after a couple of years if he wanted to - assuming all the charges are cleared and stuff - and since his existing citizenships (German & Finnish) don't require relinquishing and also allow one to carry multiple passports then he could have all 3.

Basically, what he did was pay $10 million to avoid having to wait ~18 months or so - when you hit the high-investor status, it's granted (more or less) automatically.

But citizenship and residency are very different propositions, with different conditions and benefits.

For example, I am a resident of India, but I can't vote, and I'm not eligible for an Indian passport. I do have a special "foreigners passport" issued by the FRRO but that's just a residency certificate, not a travel document. I have a PAN card and am obliged to pay tax and am eligible for a drivers license. But not for a ration card (if I needed one I wouldn't be fulfilling my visa obligations anyway!) or a voters I.D.

On the other hand, I am a citizen of New Zealand, where I can vote (and I did at the consulate at BKC in November), but as I'm a resident of India, I'm not obliged to pay taxes in NZ on what I earn here (tax treaty), but I still have all the numbers, drivers license, passport etc.

My children, should I have any to an Indian woman, would be dual citizens of NZ and India, and would be allowed to carry both passports as I explained above.

----------

The Police of this country sucks

I'm pretty much not a fan of any police anywhere in the world at the best of times. Of course, my opinion of Mumbai police is... well... lest I be kicked out of India for voicing my thoughts on them, I'll leave that to your imagination 😛

But in this case, kolkatta is 1 point less because of a rain draw. Hence a bit tricky.

I think, even if kolkatta had points level with DD they would still be in the 2nd place on the NRR basis.

Correct, but then again if they had won, it would have increased. Also not to forget the game was against Deccan who had 4-5 losses & were playing horribly. With NRR being the determining factor, teams may have played more aggressively with better or disastrous results. So, difficult to judge "now" Delhi +0.617Kolkatta +0.561Here, as obvious from all matches, a team jumping up by around +0.2 is a possibilityAlso another factor is the pitches wherein Kolkatta played were slower (home matches), so its not so easy to switch the rules, without accounting all these factors.

Yes, absoulutely it's pretty hard to judge at the moment.But no matter what whichever of the two teams would be in the 1st or 2nd place, either way they would have played each other in the playoffs at the very venue.

It would be interesting to watch, narine vs sehwag(if sehwag doesn't get out early in his innings).

You are highly hopeful that Sehwag will last that long, by the time Narine bowls the first of his overs - around 5th to 7th over 😀