Indian Premier League Updates

Actually Deccan also relied on Steyn & maybe Mishra too much on the bowling side. Gayle/DeV could bat 20 overs, but Steyn could bowl only 4. Having said that, they did get close in 5-6 matches.

Thanks to DC...CSK seems to be very lucky...they needed RR to loose 1 match they lost 1, K11P needed to loose 1 match they lost their final match and finally RCB has to loose 1 match which they lost yesterday...OMG it completely worked into their favour...Let see how the luck goes for them against their match MI....

^^unless and until they find some one to bowl penultimate over it will be very difficult for them to win 3 match in a row to lift hat trick of title .

Chennai's problem has been that they have been unable to pace their batting innings properly, the captain's overconfidence on his/their abilities has added to it. Given the current form and situation, chennai should chase or simply hope that the opponent team crumbles during the chase like rc-b did against dc yesterday

For the next match against mumbai, team chasing has strong chance, cos its a small ground, both have good hitters and they would know what is needed to chase down.

The raid was EXTREMELY badly organized and broke a lot of rules of CPC and Mumbai Police Act (sections 162 and 199 of the relevant codes, IIRC) - including no food and water provided, forced testimony and photographs taken of non-arrested persons. Worse is that there was a lot of lies: the ACP (Mr Patil, I think his name is) PROMISED that females would not be detained at the police station after medical tests were done, yet they were taken and held for 4 hours. They also didn't give the requisite paperwork, despite multitudes of xeroxes of all sorts of documentation - so no charge, no arrest, but detained anyway. Basically, a few idiots ruined the nights of the rest - there were many innocent victims, many of whom were held until about 6am - some even longer - without notification to family at the appropriate time (which is part of the detaining procedure). It seems that the police are just trying to make up their arrest quotas to avoid anyone noticing that they sleep through the other 26 days a month they're supposed to be on duty, deduced from the fact that the media were called about 45 minutes in advance of the raid *AND* there was 1 big cop and 2 sidekicks present at the party (presumably scoping it out)!Additional fallout from this incident is that many of the foreign tourists have pledged NOT to return to India and to tell all their friends never to come here, which is both sad and economically not very good. [FTR, I wasn't there, but I was directly affected as a result - I will be filing a complaint on behalf of someone, which makes 2 pending complaints against Mumbai Police in 2 months. Way to go, jerks.]

India mien sab chalta hai .... If ppl start getting released when police don't follow the rules then half of the prisons in India would be empty...

India mien sab chalta hai .... If ppl start getting released when police don't follow the rules then half of the prisons in India would be empty...

Not exactly. There's a difference between following due process and releasing convicted criminals. None of these people were arrested or even charged with anything, yet forced to give blood and urine samples, forced to sign declarations, and forced to have their mugshots taken (thus going on record as having been held in custody despite the lack of charges or arrests).

Moreover, the women (I don't know about the men) were ferried to not 1 but 3 different hospitals - first to Cooper, then some other one in Bandra which was too ill-equipped to receive them, then JJ, before being taken back to the station and held inside the ladies locker room - something which Mr Patil had assured my person would *not* be happening.

For the record, my sources tell me that between 12 and 15 of the samples have tested positive.

Moreover, many "facts" given in the media differ from first-hand accounts - the main one of which is that almost none of the people detained were attending a rave party - many of them were from 2 other separate events in different parts of the complex, yet had to endure this nonsense for 12-hours anyway.

if i am to believe what i see from american content on television, people there are more aware of what the laws give them.

i remember watching cases on shows like the practice where proven cases of illegal activity was let go because cops did not follow the proper procedure. like not having the right to search a suspect's premise even though you found drugs in the house. something on that line.

not sure if it also happens in reality.

----------

a recent movie told me that if the cops do not read your rights at the time of arrest, they are breaking the law and you get free no matter what you were charged for. something on that line.

pleading fifth is something that is pretty cool too.

if i am to believe what i see from american content on television, people there are more aware of what the laws give them.

I doubt it. Sadly, most people (the world over) are pretty ignorant. However, at least a couple of the things I mentioned (eg food and water) are not just local/state/national police code, it's actually some kind of UN/human rights guarantee or something (I'd have to re-check the procedure document to cite the source) - maybe part of the Geneva convention, something, I forget exactly.

i remember watching cases on shows like the practice where proven cases of illegal activity was let go because cops did not follow the proper procedure. like not having the right to search a suspect's premise even though you found drugs in the house. something on that line.

not sure if it also happens in reality.

Perfect example of it happening in a developed country: Kim Dotcom & the raid relating to link-removed. It's basically been determined as unlawful and if things continue the way they have been, the NZ government will be telling the US government to stick their (civil, not criminal, thus not eligible for extradition) case where the sun don't shine. I hope. If they don't, I may very well look at changing my allegiance.

a recent movie told me that if the cops do not read your rights at the time of arrest, they are breaking the law and you get free no matter what you were charged for. something on that line.

pleading fifth is something that is pretty cool too.

The 5th amendment to the US constitution does apply here, except it's not the fifth amendment, it would be called something else - I'd have to check the relevant section of the code(s) - it has to do with self incrimination and your right to consult legal counsel (if necessary - if you've done nothing wrong you shouldn't have anything to worry about anyway).

What is commonly known as the Miranda warning also does apply, however both of these are relevant to *arrest*, which *none* of the people (thus far) have been arrested or charged, simply detained against their will (which is legal only up to a certain time period), but in any case this was done without even basic supplies and without contacting the families along with all the rest of it.

K-KR have a good chance because the pitches Pune & Chennai suit their lineup... The only way is that their batting line up fails miserably like 130-140... Anything more than that their spinners will be a handful on those pitches.