DSL disconnecting as soon as i begin to use the internet, airtel guys quite clueless

• Thread starter Thread starter PrK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,283

PrK

Iaruglrer
ISP
Nextra
hello.. like the title says, as soon as i start opening websites or start a download, the connection is dropped...only to reconnect after sometime and then disconnecting again (if i keep using it).It has been happening regularly for the past week or so and even after logging several complaints, changing my line (after a heated session on the phone), changing the modem (changed to a binatone dt805.. 800 bucks down the drain..), updating some kind of card back at airtel "exchange" (according to the service guy), changing some thing at the box where the dropwire connects (this was today), its still just the same. I've tried connecting in the regular DHCP way, bridged mode, also through my wifi router both previous ways but nothing..The snr and attenuation values are normal like they have been for the past 3-4 years... so it seems like the end of the road.. i'm thoroughly exasperated at this connection now and don't know what to do with it.. not many good alternatives available in my area..please, any thoughts? ):

Have you checked the line with other PC or laptop? If u didn't...take a shot.

Yea he updated that card but nothing..it had actually gotten worse.. now some line is being changed at their end and the phone is dead.. hopefully this'll work or its curtains for this connection.

Now it has been almost 40 hrs of the phone line being dead altogether. What's more that guy who had been saying to change dunno what at their end, has closed the service request. :x its now been almost 12 days if this crap. Do not know what to do.Will the nodal officer be of any help?

I'm wondering, perhaps, their server force re-connects you after every x minutes, that could be the cause of your problems. Have they tried resetting your line ?

x720, i hav basically tried everything technically possible from my end.. even their technicians seem to have 😛 , however I don't understand how to 'reset' the line, can u plz elaborate?
Furthermore I contacted the nodal officer yesterday afternoon whi said it'll be resolved by the evening, and nothing. It's still dead, no confirmation calls.. nothing.
I called up the cc for disconnection, now an email has been forwarded from their retention dept... Have been given various assurances of a fix before 12 noon today ..lol.
I think even if the dial tone does come back the original problem will still persist.. and this is the best case scenario..not lolling now..

Jswl.dty can u pm me ur location ? And since when are u facing this problem?

Reset as in, restoring the line to its default state with no username pw and no speed limit.But since your line has gone dead, prolly a case of equipment failure somewhere.

Actually I was notified beforehand that the line would be dead for a couple of hours 3 days back in order to change something to fix the original problem... but it never came back.

No i haven't asked them about this yet.. will do.. as of today the dial tone has come back, started a download but it disconnected after around 20MB once..
it has been stable since then..the most stable i have seen it in weeks.. i am a bit wary about that one disconnection though since some days it had stayed stable for the whole day only started disconnecting in the evenings, that was when the problem first showed up..which progressively got worse to the point that it was disconnecting within a second of use any time of day. will have to watch it for some time and see.. will post back afterward.

- - - Updated - - -

its just the same.. lodged another complaint and the line got changed.. no effect whatsoever. i've had it with this connection getting it disconnected.
cheers!