This is worth a look. Comparisons with BBC's Sherlock are inevitable. But, it's not like BBC owns the Sherlock character.

The thing that annoyed me a bit was they had Sherlock speaking in a British accent. They have relocated Sherlock to Manhattan and changed John Watson to Joan Watson. Why not Sherlock speak in and American accent?

these characters just do not do it for me 🙁

----------

"Sometimes I hate it when I'm right." You're Sherlock, You absolutely LOVE being right. Please, stop this massacre. BBC's version is fantastic with Benedict, Martin and the others, Americans don't need to make a no good remake u_u

----------

Comment from YouTube!

15 mins into the leaked pilot.. so far so good.
though it wont match BBC ever.

possible spoiler ahead

**probably wont miss those deduction graphics,
just hope they dont add lovey dovey.**

joan watson? WTF :{BBC's version is awesome and they should have left it that way 😕 Sherlock's actor in american version looks funny when compared to BBC's Benedict Cumberbatch

joan watson? WTF :{

BBC's version is awesome and they should have left it that way 😕

Sherlock's actor in american version looks funny when compared to BBC's Benedict Cumberbatch
As far as I'm concerned, Sherlock is not the property of BBC. There have been countless representations of Sherlock. Seeing the popularity of BBC's Sherlock, CBS wanted to cash in. They first asked Steven Moffat to let them adapt the show for American TV. He didn't agree. So, they created their own version.

The actor playing Sherlock is Johnny Lee Miller, who is also a British actor and is very good.

Heh. Seems like deliberate leak on CBS' part 😀
Will check it out tomorrow.
Why would they do that? If they want to show an early preview of their show, they'd release it on their website.

Say what ever you want about CBS shows, the network is the most watched in the U.S. They are not desperate like NBC. If you noticed their premiere schedule, all shows are scheduled to premiere during the traditional premiere week (Sep 24-30). Every other network has a staggered schedule. CBS just does not care. They have an incentive to hold on to their pilot episodes until the premiere. Everyone will tune in then and that will wreck the ratings of other networks.

Just finished watching it. Some spoilers below, continue reading at your own peril :

First impressions - the series seems alright, nothing special as of now. A fresh out of rehab SH just doesn't cut it for me. The plot seemed average and gives the impression that CSI and this show share the same set of writers. The acting is quite good, Lucy Liu as Watson doesn't seem weird at all. Now, coming to the comparisons with BBC's version of the show, and I have to say that Moffat and Co. have set the bar pretty high, for this show isn't a patch on Sherlock. I remember how good Sherlock's pilot was, Elementary's just wasn't of that level 🙁 That said, I'm still interested in the direction it'll take over the course of the next few episodes.

Something I found on the interwebz -

@balajik
Fox has been known to do that for quite sometime, to send out feelers for the show before the actual premiere, hence my post 😉

man. the two different character sets is going to confuse the shite out of me. would avoid it for now 😀

do not like the characters already. i mean if someone makes an amazing copy of doctor who, it just would not work for me! 😀 maybe after a year or two if it survives for that long 😀

hehe. A year or two is quite a long time 😛I'm pretty sure it'll make it through the first season, early reaction seems quite positive from what I gather.