Swappa.com - anybody used this site before?

ISP
Beam Fiber
I want to own a SE play or HTC Evo 4G. Since am just a student, i cannot afford it. But can convince my dad to buy me a used android. Came across this site. Anybody used it?

Also need sites for buying used androids and

Can someone clarify whether its cheaper to buy the phone from this site and ship it to india via Shop n ship or Buy a used phone through indian sites (like Ebay where there's usually free shipping with in india)

Swappa (Android) For Sale: MNV914 HTC EVO 4G (Sprint)

Sprint is CDMA.

cos it is a sim-less phone, it needs programing and network registration to work in india. import only if you know how to programthis phone or know someone who can.

cos it is a sim-less phone, it needs programing and network registration to work in india. import only if you know how to program

this phone or know someone who can.
i know a guy who says he can make it work with reliance CDMA network. so i guess no probs in that end

----------

EDIT: also my sis friend is coming from US on july 19th. IF i ship this phone to her . .then would i have to pay customs too? 😕

i know a guy who says he can make it work with reliance CDMA network. so i guess no probs in that end

htc evo 4g is easy, i am not sure about xperia play. normally she won't be charged customs if she can show it as a used phone.

htc evo 4g is easy, i am not sure about xperia play. normally she won't be charged customs if she can show it as a used phone.
another question . . she's already bringing 4S for her own sister. So is she allowed two phones?

you have to be smart. put the phones in your pocket, don't bring boxes if you don't mean to sell them, bring accessories only. there is no rule saying that you can't own two phones.

righto. if they are open and does not appear to be aimed for selling in the indian market, they should not cause any problems. if anyone asks, just tell that you carry multiple phones for business and personal use.