HD DVR not available?

• Thread starter Thread starter DCB
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 7,330

DCB

ISP
TBD
I called up for an installation and said they've removed all the STBs from the market due to some compaints? Asked me to wait 3-4 months (which likely means 6 months) before its launched again. I'm curious to know from current users -- what is the issue with the DVR? also, any recommendations on alternatives? Tata Sky or Dish?

Ok ask frequently question.

D2H DVR has option cut, copy, split for recorded content & I think only this dvr offer this options. Capacity of DVR is 149 GB means 200 hours of SD / 71 hours of HD / depend on content when SD + HD mix. 1% = 2 hours & 1% is reserved for live play, pause, forward, backword for 2 hours by d2h by default. means if u keep active option of auto recording you get 199 hours of SD / 70 hours of HD. Dual recording available. D2H offers watching recording contents after u unsubscribe relevent channel. ADTV doesnt allow watching recorded content if u unsubscribe recorded channel in the future. Even D2h offer copy, cut, split function it doesnt work on exact timeline which u selected for process. DVR take time to disk check on each time when u Start dvR from main board & its depend on used space of DVR disk. My dvr has only 71% disk used & it takes about 4 - 5 minutes to start. U can fix schedule for recording. On time of recording if there power failure, DVR delete it automatically & continue to newly if schedule time running. DVR cant record active services like other dvr. Dont know about movie on demand. DVR has universal remote which can hang few times. There is additional feature for USB connection which can use for watching images but it was made for images & music files at begining but when they upgrade software u can watch only images by it. When u get new dVR dont allow them software upgrade & tell them let the company upgrade software automatically. If they make excuse of scaning channels order them to reset the box.

----------

Remote is not powerful like SD remote.

----------

DVR buttons are smaller than SD remote button. Additional buttons are Home, Help, Play/pause, RW, FW, jump back, jump next, live, record, stop record.

----------

I insist them for 90 cm dish for DVR.

ok thanks! Tata Sky HD+ STB is thankfully very glitch free over the last year. So I either go for or just take up D2H HD for a few months and then later upgrade.

There are minor issues here & there with the UI. Like sometimes the series recordings get deleted automatically, even when individual recordings are intact. Sometimes ur schedule of recordings gets reset. Then sometimes when u r watching a recorded programme, and come out of the recording section to the normal TV, u r redirected to either Zee Marathi or Disha channel. So lets say u were watching something on SAB TV, and there was a break in between. So u switch over to a recording for those 5-10 minutes. When u come out of the recording, instead of showing u SAB TV, it shows u Zee Marathi or Disha channel only.The engineers are not able to understand this issue. The DVR acts innocent when the engineer comes to check. So he feels that we are runaways from Mental Asylum. Still they replaced my DVR twice/thrice, but no improvements. So i guess there is some issue which they arent able to solve, and hence they have withdrawn the device altogether. Anyways lets hope they bring out the new one soon & replace the existing DVRs free of cost.

ok thanks! Tata Sky HD+ STB is thankfully very glitch free over the last year. So I either go for or just take up D2H HD for a few months and then later upgrade.

I heard that D2H HD has only HDMI connection to TV and not RCA if u have HD TV then it will work or u need any converter device. Check before buy but if u upgrade HD to DVR u may get only 65 cm dish which u get with HD box. I dont have much idea about upgrade but confirm before buy if u buy DVR they offer 90 cm. dish. When I buy DVR they brought 65 cm dish & I demanded them for 90 cm. dish & they took 3 days to brought the dish. They told me now they dont offer 90 cm dish with DVR this also confirm before buy.

Many points which mentioned by jaymin is true. Good job jaymin. Other main things is you check dvr kit small box u get / not. I felt very nervousness about it & mentioned somewhere on the forum tht experience. The box includes HDMI cable, USB cable, User Manual & 2 aaa batteries.

(YES BACK AFTER A LONG GAP)I also still face the issue kind Fast Fwd. which we cannot select more than 16X & also Whenever we move to the next/previous channel there is a 2-3 micro second pause (they have changed 2 DVR out of that i is brand new box, but stillll).... i'm too waiting for the New DVR, hope we can get a Free Replacement with the New Box.

Yep. After hearing the confirmed sort of comments from various people, even i have now stopped complaining about technical issues in it. I know whatever is with us, we haev to manage with that or downgrade to non-recorder....which is not possible now. All we can do is - hope that new model is launched soon. Once that happens, all we need to do is create a ruckus around the issues we face with old DVRs, and they will be compelled to provide us the new ones free of cost. In fact if the Management is wise enuf, they will come out with that offer themselves, in order to earn name!

Any confirmed source of introducing new type of DVR?Recently there was a news to introduce DDB technology & videocon also participate in that project with another 5 other county's companies.

I saw a few DVR boxes manufactured in October 2010 at Trivandrum . The MRP listed is 6490, but the store owner says since they are not moving, he might sell them cheaper.Qn : Is this model good enough , or should I wait for d2h to bring out a new STB? Do the D2h folks to check for connectivity first ,or only after purchase of the STB / DVR?p.s. : I sent a mail to Vineet Budki, but haven't received a reply .

Quick question , does the HD DVR box come with an HDMI cable, or is it given on installation ? The box we are getting does not seem to have this cable ...

Any confirmed source of introducing new type of DVR?

Recently there was a news to introduce DDB technology & videocon also participate in that project with another 5 other county's companies.

Priyanka Wows B2B Buyers With Cutting-Edge ‘DDB Technology’

Quick question ,

does the HD DVR box come with an HDMI cable, or is it given on installation ?

The box we are getting does not seem to have this cable ...

that cable comes in separate small box called DVR kit or something like that. If you dont get it from dealer then you demand for the box to engineer. It contains 2 batteries, a manual, HDMI cable & USB cable.

DVR box price & installation charges available on their website. Its not exact for Rs. 6449. Few general problem u may face with DVR box. Big issue is it takes time for disk checking when u start the box & it depends on how much data u stored on your disk. I stored about 80% data on my DVR disk & it takes 3-4 minutes to start the box. It not applied for stand by mode. When my box was new & there was no recording content it was took within few seconds.

Dont know about your area. I request them to install 90 cm dish at installation time. If u upgrade ur sd bx to DVR they dont offer you 90 cm dish but if u direct buy dvr they may offer 90 cm dish.

true

I got the box on offer for 2000/- . It does not include the HDMI cable / etc. Checked with D2h. They say, to recharge for 1500/- for installation etc. They also say, they will install a 90cm dish for this + LNB , that needs to be installed on the terrace 🙁 .. ( i.e. 8 floors of cabling x 2 ) ! Can't this dish be installed on a window / balcony etc?

ADTV has facility for the same but D2H has no facility for the same I heard. You get only 12 mtr. cable free & for extra cable they may charge amount for that.2000? are you talking HD box / DVR box? & Great & congrattes for 90 cm dish. If HD box I dont know they offer HDMI cable or not. bhai

If u have a window/balcony that can where the dish can be installed facing the satellite, without any obstruction, then that shud be fine. Else its in ur interests, that they install it on the terrace.

Understood . My Reliance DVR dish, and the D2H dish are a floor below mounted at the same level . The tech says, that the 90 cm dish is too large to be installed on the side of a building, and would need to be installed on the terrace .. ( 8 stories higher! )Thats a lot of wiring!On the side, what did you folks pay for the STB and for the setup ? I was told the setup cost for the DVR is 1500/- !