MTNL Triband, can't open any torrent sites

ISP
MTNL
HelloI've been using MTNL Triband for quite a while, have been facing the frequent disconnection problems from day one, but thanks to this forum as the problem is rectified.Recently I've had the similar problem again and I registered a complaint on the 198 number, the problem is solved but unfortunately I cannot open any torrent sites.It shows HTTP 404 file not found problem, or says "This site has been blocked as per the instructions of Competent Authority" sometimes it even says "The requested URL /torrents/ was not found on this server, Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at (sitename.com) Port 80" and all this happens over and over again for every torrent sites.However very less popular torrent sites are opening but i cannot find any seeds on in the torrents.My DNS values are 59.185.3.10 (primary) and 59.185.0.23 (secondary).Is this some problem with MTNL because everything else is working fine and i can download and upload already saved torrents with no issues whatsoever.Please someone help me with this issue.Thanks.

refresh the page. website loads normally then but, keep bugging MTNL folks about it.

I do understand that some websites are blocked, but those ones like iTorrentz shows "The requested URL /torrents/ was not found on this server, Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at (sitename.com) Port 80"
I tried refreshing again and again, even tried opening the same on different browsers, but nothing helps.

Its something that's a server generated message, and not the notification which websites do have on their homepage.
Almost all known websites have this problem.
I tried calling MTNL guys about this, they have no idea what I am talking about and put me on hold for literally hours.

Can you guys confirm DNS ip's because i believe that would be an issue, and try opening the above page if your using mtnl and let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and then check.

I changed my DNS values to the above, and it really worked.

Thank you soo much manu1991, it really made my day.
Thanks a lot.

Few Torrent sites are banned as Per Court Orders (Prolly due to Copyright Infringement as in case of link-removed earlier)

Example:

Torrent Search Engine [Access to this site has been blocked as per Court Orders]

Will post more on this as I get some.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need to be more specific.Not encouraging illegal access, but one could use a http proxy (a n o n y m o u s e dot o r g)