Have You Received Calls Threatening Arrest For Unpaid Bills From Any Service Provider?

Tamraj Kilvish

[OP]
May 17, 2012
TechTree.com recently did a story on Reliance users being threatened with arrest for unpaid bills, which seems to have hit a nerve (Link: techtree.com/content/news/1137/reliance-broadband-users-allegedly-threatened-with-arrest-for-unpaid-bills.html)While several readers contributed personal accounts citing the same form of harassment, Reliance went on to clarify that it hasn't obtained any arrest warrants against its customers.Therefore, the question arises: who has been threatening people with incarceration on behalf of these service providers? More importantly, how widespread is this issue? You can submit your complaint by filling up the form (link below), which will be open for the next two weeks. TechTree.com has offered to follow up and investigate this issue with the concerned parties, and keep you posted on the progress.If you know someone who has been affected by this, ask them to fill up this form. Only through collective effort can enough pressure be brought upon internet and mobile service providers, in order to make them thoroughly investigate these violations.The form can be found here: techtree.com/content/news/1149/survey-have-you-received-calls-threatening-arrest-for-unpaid-bills-from-reliance

iChaitanya

Regulars
Nov 28, 2005
Pune, India
da faq?I've been a customer of RCOM since ~2 yrs and haven't experienced anything like this. Would like to deal with these goons though. Too bad no one tries to fool me.People are dumb, that's all I would like to say.

rajadeep

Regular
Regulars
Nov 9, 2007
Mumbai
Wow I can get ppl arrested for non payment of bills??? I think if I could than atleast 25+ transporters would be in jail right now(I am a petrol pump owner)... As the above poster said... Ppl are dumb...

mpheus

Apr 21, 2012
I used to use Reliance Netconnect while I was in Kolkata. When I shifted back to my home at Asansol, I didn't bother about getting my connection terminated. Later on I asked their online chat support to terminate my connection and they did it. I got billed for a month due to my negligence but I did't pay since I never used it. Later on I got a call from a lawyer after a couple of months asking me to pay the bill or to appear in court. I knew that they were just trying to scare me but I just paid it to avoid any unnecessary hassles.

sachinbr

Regular
Regulars
Apr 27, 2011
Today my friend received a call from Airtel Representative, for non payment of the last bill. She talked to vulgarly. She even threatened arrest warrant also.I was so shocked when he showed recorded voice. Told him to report to TRAI.

Raditz

Regular
Regulars
Jul 14, 2007
Today my friend received a call from Airtel Representative, for non payment of the last bill. She talked to vulgarly. She even threatened arrest warrant also.

I was so shocked when he showed recorded voice. Told him to report to TRAI.

Wake up and know your rights! Airtel customer care isn't a judge who has the authority to issue warrants. Next time they pull that **** tell them they can be implicated in a case of harassment. Don't be an Ostrich, be a Lion!

- - - Updated - - -

I used to use Reliance Netconnect while I was in Kolkata. When I shifted back to my home at Asansol, I didn't bother about getting my connection terminated. Later on I asked their online chat support to terminate my connection and they did it. I got billed for a month due to my negligence but I did't pay since I never used it. Later on I got a call from a lawyer after a couple of months asking me to pay the bill or to appear in court. I knew that they were just trying to scare me but I just paid it to avoid any unnecessary hassles.

A lawyer can't ask you to appear in court, the court sends you summons to appear before it. File a case before consumer court.