New affordable tariffs for 3G customers

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 16,176
APN for GPRS and 3G are pretty much the same....i'm just wondering..how in the heavens name i'm getting 1000-1200Kbps download speeds..
For 10rs.(30min) I'm getting to download 820MB..

It's Airtel, sometimes you might get 2-3mbit with 1mbit uplink, and sometimes you get 1-2kB/s

Exploit it, as the balance should not go negative.

"Have fun as long it lasts" is the motto!I will get the 3G settings again, probably when I go back home. Hope it works then

I think you got more than 1-1.2 mbps, otherwise you would have downloaded only around 400MB. My friend here gets around 2-3 mbps...

1-2Mbps is my download speed..i'm getting like about 8-9Mbps(Bandwidth).. 😕
While downloading a file i get 1000-1200Kbps download speed..and browsing too(excluding)..
Did some uploading too

----------

It's Airtel, sometimes you might get 2-3mbit with 1mbit uplink, and sometimes you get 1-2kB/s

Exploit it, as the balance should not go negative.
I wish there was a more reasonable time based plan!!

i called up Airtel 121 in Bangalore about these new plans but the customer support say that they have no info about the new tariff or reduced 3g tariff.. I am confused!!??

I have always criticized Airtel for reasons or more but its time to praise them for bringing 3G tariffs down and I just had a great experience of their 3G services! I thought to give it a try and called activation IVR and selected 10 Rs 30 Mins plan. It was activated in no time though system said it may take 4 hours. I resumed some pending downloads immediately and to my surprise, I was getting constant 9-10Mbps speed! I was in a impression that speed might have been capped for this plan but it doesn't seem so. I was latched to the Vodafone 3G network automatically as Airtel doesn't have its own 3G network here and shares the same from Vodafone and Idea. I disconnected connection and thought of manually switching to Idea 3G. Process was seamless and speed reduced to 6-7Mbps. I think Idea BTS has maximum capacity of 7.2Mbps in my locality. Switched back to Vodafone and I was again getting constant 9-10Mbps. Max it touched is 13.4Mbps. Network monitor was showing total transfer of around 700MB and messaged popped up on phone saying 'You have consumed 1440 Seconds (80%) of your time limit'. After some time, another message popped up saying I have consumed 1620 seconds (90%) and finally another message saying I have consumed all 1800 seconds (thanks to the UMTS and upward standards that data channel is independent and texts or voice calls won't disturb your connection!). Before I could disconnect the connection myself, it was promptly disconnected! Surprise for me as Airtel has deducted account from main account afterwards in such cases previously (one of the reason for criticism towards them). I tried to connect manually after that just to see if I could, and I was connected again and balance deducted as per revised pay as you use tariff (3p/10KB).I could download around 950MB in 30Mins and not a single automatic disconnection and considerable speed fluctuation in between. For a paid price and considering its wireless, its a dirt cheap for now but time based plans have their own limitation as well. They are worthless for only surfing. Overall it was a nice experience with Airtel 3G services and revised plan and I hope standard of service retains in future.

Today tried the Rs10 plan. I am on gprs plan for month it was activated but since then my main account balance is being debitted.Although still having data balance for gprs.They have sobfar deducted Rs100

Today tried the Rs10 plan. I am on gprs plan for month it was activated but since then my main account balance is being debitted.
Although still having data balance for gprs.
They have sobfar deducted Rs100

Even i faced same problem, check my previous posts......email them, you will get 100rs back....there is something wrong with this 10rs-30min plan at FEW CIRCLES.

Just tried the 10 rs plan and it worked fine for me. Was able to download around 500mb

Do you use it on a cell phone or through usb modem
I have always criticized Airtel for reasons or more but its time to praise them for bringing 3G tariffs down and I just had a great experience of their 3G services! I thought to give it a try and called activation IVR and selected 10 Rs 30 Mins plan. It was activated in no time though system said it may take 4 hours.

I resumed some pending downloads immediately and to my surprise, I was getting constant 9-10Mbps speed! I was in a impression that speed might have been capped for this plan but it doesn't seem so. I was latched to the Vodafone 3G network automatically as Airtel doesn't have its own 3G network here and shares the same from Vodafone and Idea. I disconnected connection and thought of manually switching to Idea 3G. Process was seamless and speed reduced to 6-7Mbps. I think Idea BTS has maximum capacity of 7.2Mbps in my locality.

Switched back to Vodafone and I was again getting constant 9-10Mbps. Max it touched is 13.4Mbps. Network monitor was showing total transfer of around 700MB and messaged popped up on phone saying 'You have consumed 1440 Seconds (80%) of your time limit'. After some time, another message popped up saying I have consumed 1620 seconds (90%) and finally another message saying I have consumed all 1800 seconds (thanks to the UMTS and upward standards that data channel is independent and texts or voice calls won't disturb your connection!). Before I could disconnect the connection myself, it was promptly disconnected! Surprise for me as Airtel has deducted account from main account afterwards in such cases previously (one of the reason for criticism towards them). I tried to connect manually after that just to see if I could, and I was connected again and balance deducted as per revised pay as you use tariff (3p/10KB).

I could download around 950MB in 30Mins and not a single automatic disconnection and considerable speed fluctuation in between. For a paid price and considering its wireless, its a dirt cheap for now but time based plans have their own limitation as well. They are worthless for only surfing.

Overall it was a nice experience with Airtel 3G services and revised plan and I hope standard of service retains in future.

how does the 30 min plan work?? 30 minutes countdown starts straight away after recharge or it counts only when packet data connection is turned on on the phone or only the time when packer data is on and data is actually being transferred ??

used it on pc connecting phone as a modem.

- - - Updated - - -

30 minutes when packet data connection is active.
also time is counted in seconds so no chance for errors.
when i did activate plan, i received text saying i could check remainig usages in minutes anytime by dialing *123*12# and it worked perfectly throughout.

used it on pc connecting phone as a modem.

Which mobile bro ?..... i used 70rs -60 minutes plan on airtel ( withdrawn now)....i got good speeds on my Huawei umg1831.