Airtel Broadband blocking torrents and file sharing services

• Thread starter Thread starter ronscores
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 906
  • Views Views 182,376

ronscores

Does anyone in Airtel BB get problems while using bit torrent in Chennai or any other metros? or are ports blocked by Airtel?I know portforward.com is a solution but I ain't sure if its a problem of blocked ports or simply wrong firewall configuration!EDIT : Oh it does work .. it took ages to start the download using the original BT client ! Thanx 🙂

the only problem with BT clients is with the Ethernet Modem , those can be sorted out by port forwarding , with a USB Modem all goes well 🙂

Naaaah, mine is working like an angel 😛 even if ur gonna connect using ur ethernt card, configure ur modem to a bridging connection n create a dial-up from network connections. N make sure if ur using a software firewall u enable any of the ports between 49152 and 65534. N use the port u enabled, in the torrent client that u r using. Or even better go through the above provided link by thaniks (nice find dude).

If u still want more help u can refer to http://portforward.com/ . i hope this helps 🙂

hey Wizard , does airtel use packet shaping technology to cut the speed and block bit torrent? My f**cked up isp pacenet does exactly this instead of trying to block ports. I cant get around it 🙁 So please reply!!!

No, airtel doesnt do any of that nonsense like pacenet!

Naah, i max out when i'm using airtel connection..... constant 30 KB/s down 25KB/s down (i use a private tracker).

ok good, thanks for the reply : )I have to maintain a share ratio of 1 😉 private tracker here too -)

uhmm.. I ain't into this torrent thing, but how do ya guyz get private trackers?
I've heard of Public trackers.. but whats this?
and btw I'm using Azureus and my problem was solved only after applying the TCP/IP patch at
Code:
www.lvllord.de
and increasing the connections to 100
still - I notice when i have two torrents running simultaneously, (with lots of peers and seeds), my PC crashes and hangs up!
and i've set my max. outgoing connections to 100 using the patch

thats because you have a fault OS in your system. Switch to GNU/Linux 🙂

I guess you are right...Formatting your harddisk is! You know what? If Mac OS X was available for Intel platforms then Windoze's share would reduce significantly while GNU/Linux would almost DIE! 😕

another false assumption. mac os can never support the kind of hardware which windows os support. their are not enough applications for mac os x compared to windows os. and worst off all... u just cannot make people change their operating systems in corporate environments if you want to. the learning curve is too steep.

err...Mac OS X is the most simplest OS out there. Secondly, if Apple wants to move to the x86 platform then every hardware vendor out there will want to provide drivers simply because they wouldn't want to manufacture a piece of hardware which isn't supported by a commercial OS 😉. And remember, the Mac OS Kernel, Darwin, is directly based on FreeBSD's kernel. Hence, the OpenSource community may lend a helping hand to Apple for developing drivers. This will benefit Linux too as the drivers too have to be Open Source ^^. This definitely will bring in a revolution! 😀About the apps, well, all major apps work with Mac OS. Heck! Even M$ Office is available for the Mac platform! So the corporates couldn't care less. And for their custom made software, well, they will have to use Windoze until their developers can come up with a Mac compatible app. And as I said, Mac OS is one of the simplest OSes out there. The learning curve ain't too steep. I would've agreed with this statement if it was made for Linux 🙂

i am talking about your average MBA types which are so used to windows OS. getting them to move to Apple just becoz its cool. sorry sir, companies do not work like that.