Airtel Broadband blocking torrents and file sharing services

ronscores

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
Does anyone in Airtel BB get problems while using bit torrent in Chennai or any other metros? or are ports blocked by Airtel?I know portforward.com is a solution but I ain't sure if its a problem of blocked ports or simply wrong firewall configuration!EDIT : Oh it does work .. it took ages to start the download using the original BT client ! Thanx :)

ultra vires

O.o
Regulars
Nov 28, 2004
the only problem with BT clients is with the Ethernet Modem , those can be sorted out by port forwarding , with a USB Modem all goes well :)

WiZaRd

l33T
Regulars
Oct 25, 2005
Naaaah, mine is working like an angel :p even if ur gonna connect using ur ethernt card, configure ur modem to a bridging connection n create a dial-up from network connections. N make sure if ur using a software firewall u enable any of the ports between 49152 and 65534. N use the port u enabled, in the torrent client that u r using. Or even better go through the above provided link by thaniks (nice find dude).

If u still want more help u can refer to http://portforward.com/ . i hope this helps :)

yogi

no fate but what we make
Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
hey Wizard , does airtel use packet shaping technology to cut the speed and block bit torrent? My f**cked up isp pacenet does exactly this instead of trying to block ports. I cant get around it :( So please reply!!!

WiZaRd

l33T
Regulars
Oct 25, 2005
Naah, i max out when i'm using airtel connection..... constant 30 KB/s down 25KB/s down (i use a private tracker).

yogi

no fate but what we make
Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
ok good, thanks for the reply : )I have to maintain a share ratio of 1 ;) private tracker here too -)

ronscores

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
uhmm.. I ain't into this torrent thing, but how do ya guyz get private trackers?
I've heard of Public trackers.. but whats this?
and btw I'm using Azureus and my problem was solved only after applying the TCP/IP patch at
Code:
www.lvllord.de
and increasing the connections to 100
still - I notice when i have two torrents running simultaneously, (with lots of peers and seeds), my PC crashes and hangs up!
and i've set my max. outgoing connections to 100 using the patch

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
thats because you have a fault OS in your system. Switch to GNU/Linux :)