Suggest service provider for apartment

msingh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
We are moving to new apartment and we have approximately 400 flats and looking for service provider for following :

[*]Internet
[*]Intercom
[*]Dish/DTH
[*]telephone
[*]Security cam
[/list]
We contacted one of the leading player in Hyderabad for the same and they reverted back to us with following conditions:

1) The infrastructure One Time cost for the Internet per flat will be Rs.5, 000/- , with an additional monthly rent of Rs.100/- . for all Upgrades and maintenance of the equipments , to be paid on an Annual basis in advance to the Service Provider.

2) Activation Fee payable to the service provider , for Cable is Rs.500/-, Internet is Rs.500/- and for Land Line Phone is Rs.500/-.

3) Implementation time is 3-4 months.

4) In addition to this all the residents have to bear the additional cost of Rs.2,000/- per Flat for the construction of the Air conditioned Server Roomor Control Room to be paid to the company. Power and Power Back up , will beanadditional recurring Cost for the Association .

On top of this, service provider is also asking for agreement for 20 years for exclusivity that no other vendor will be allowed to setup the same service.

Now here is my question, are these demands by service are actually valid, isn't he asking too much. Also can you suggest some vendor who can actually setup the infrastructure for us in the apartment and we can buy bandwidth directory from some company and manage it.

Thanks,
Manoj

msingh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
Sachin,these demands are from Beam only.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
20 years, heh, are they crazy ?TATA has exclusivity clause of 3 years, no idea about the charges. They've got good plans :)BSNL, again 3 years. They've set my apartment (1400) complex up, apart from the monthly bills (none of the charges you've mentioned), the association does not pay them anything. They laid the fiber, exchange, tel lines etc etc in return for 3 years exclusive access. Maintainence is paid for by the service provider, ditto for the exchange's electricity costs. Airtel too provides broadband and landline, again they have their own setup.Airtel also provides the DTH. They had an exclusivity period of 5 years, but people went ahead and setup their own connections. :p

sachinbr

Regular
Regulars
Apr 27, 2011
Sachin,

these demands are from Beam only.
u must try bargaining from them. Get some info what tata, reliance, airtel r willing. Tell them this is the situation, will u acc. If not kick them :)

msingh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
20 years, heh, are they crazy ?

TATA has exclusivity clause of 3 years, no idea about the charges. They've got good plans :)

BSNL, again 3 years. They've set my apartment (1400) complex up, apart from the monthly bills (none of the charges you've mentioned), the association does not pay them anything. They laid the fiber, exchange, tel lines etc etc in return for 3 years exclusive access. Maintainence is paid for by the service provider, ditto for the exchange's electricity costs. Airtel too provides broadband and landline, again they have their own setup.

Airtel also provides the DTH. They had an exclusivity period of 5 years, but people went ahead and setup their own connections. :p

looks good, do you have any contact for Tata and BSNL, I have been trying to get the contact but so far i have not got one...

Thanks...

msingh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
Thanks, we will try reaching these and lets see what they have to say...

msingh

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
have placed the request with TATA SME and they are saying they will revert back with us.Also, trying to reach BSNL but as usual it seems these people least interested in getting business.