TRAI issues Standards of Quality of Service Regulations 2012

I was talking about enforcement because I remember trai had dragged two telcos to court rather than penalising them for violating mnp guidelines.

when it will be implemented? next year?or try just kidding us.TRAI= Television Regulatory Authority India

But what is the procedure to report any violation of these regulations? If these have been made with the Consumer as the focus, then the Consumer must have been given some weapon in case the regulations are violated. I mean something like we do with Telemarketers - the moment we see a violation, we can quickly report it via an sms or an email, or even by visiting the site - we can do that much for sure!

These broadcasters are going to appeal at SC ,if its implemented claiming that

the reference to some Supreme Court judgments which had said the restriction on advertisement space in the newspapers would lead to reduction in its revenue which is in violation of Article 19(1)(a) and consumer interest cannot be the only relevant factor for framing a regulation.

Hope that this will get implemented , as far as i see is bleak , unless TRAI has our support.Please mail to

ap@trai.gov.in

or kindly try to leave a feedback here

Done! Submitted the feedback that these regulations should be implemented as is, if not stricter than this.

Left my feedback as well

Your recent issue of "STANDARDS OF QUALITY OF SERVICE (DURATION OF ADVERTISEMENTS IN TELEVISION CHANNELS) REGULATIONS, 2012 (15 OF 2012)" is a much welcome move. Advertisements off-lately has become too intrusive to viewing contents and this regulation will be a big relief for consumers. The issued regulations should be imposed firmly on broadcasters.We wish , that its is implemented as early as possible.

So please do let us know if setmax shows L shaped ads tonight in IPL on SD telecast .. that would be going against the trai order right ??

apparently the broadcasters are going to appeal against it !! what the hell do they think??? first of all they charge us for the channels(the pay channels) on top of that they have the nerve to bombard us with ridiculous ads ...ads in between programs , ads running on top of programs , ads to the left side while the program is going on !! i say shut down all these bloody channels who refuse to comply with TRAI directive. we are better of without them. they care more about their ads than the programming quality. TRAI shud have come up with even stricter regulations for HD and pay channels.

Correct, the broadcasters will appeal against it and get a stay order .. Then the case will be in court for next 10 years ... I highly doubt TRAI will be able to implement this but if they do then its a win wituation for us viewers ..

Though, happy about the news.... Feel, the broadcasters will not go down without a fight (if go down at all that is) ...

Though, happy about the news.... Feel, the broadcasters will not go down without a fight (if go down at all that is) ...

not to forget the role of Main Stream Media having debates and obviously going to be biased..

Good move BUT BUT BUT I dont see the L shaped ads going away from live telecast of cricket ...

"Part-screen and drop-down advertisements would not be permitted,"