• Thread starter Thread starter sachins
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,915

sachins

The Bastard Son
ISP
Cablenet
My brother lives in goregaon and he has been using in2cable broadband 10mbps for a few months. Yesterday he bought a Linksys router model WRT54G ver 7 and tried to configure it but was unable to do it.This is how their internet system works:1) A lan cable comes to the house from the terrace 2) The cable is inserted in the lan port of the pc3) IP is set to obtain automatically4) A dialer is made in the network connections page which is run and an internet connection is establishedI configured the router in DHCP mode > Connected the pc in wired mode > ran the dailer and the internet workedNext I connected the laptop to the router in wireless mode and tried to open a page but it couldn't. I can access the 192.168.1.1 router page from the wireless laptop but internet is not working. When i run the dialer it gives 619 errorIt would be very helpful if someone can provide a solution.

They will need to get the MAC binding reset. Tell them to call their local cable operator or in2cable.The router should be set in PPPoE mode rather than bridge mode, and you will have to plug the cable from outside in to the "WAN" port for it to work. When the router takes care of the connection, you will not have to use the dialer on your PC/laptop & wireless will begin working.

Thanks Mathew. A guy from in2cable came and configured the router in PPPoE mode(it is supported). I would have cloned the MAC id but the guy was kind enough to reset it back from his office. @biggboss1975Can't say. We don't use it for download. It has a 15gb fup. 10mbps@450/month

sachins said:
Thanks Mathew. A guy from in2cable came and configured the router in PPPoE mode(it is supported).I would have cloned the MAC id but the guy was kind enough to reset it back from his office.@biggboss1975Can't say. We don't use it for download. It has a 15gb fup. 10mbps@450/month
Will you please share the configuration with us.Screenshots along with details will be appreciated.
Thanks!