I'll Do It My Way: The Incredible Journey Of Aamir Khan

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,403
You like reading memoirs and biographies, don't you?

not really. i prefer witty fiction. but then i am a fan of aamir khan no matter how annoying he can get with his blabbering. uread.com was offering a good discount so decided to get it. 😕 three unread books lying with me. 😀 i have enough material for a couple of weeks now!

almost finished. and not very good. does not go into details of stuff i had like it to go. a lot of blah blah from the directors of his movies. very little substance. would avoid biographies type books in the future.

This book was started with his consent, but mid way he stopped supporting the writer - reason unknown as to whether he wasn't comfortable with the material, which I have read is all in his praise, or just the direction it was going in. He wasn't even there during the launch, and there are rumours that the writer rushed up to match the Satyamev Jayate release for some free publicity.

it made for a very sad reading. i guess that's why it did not really do well. 😀

both. i do not remember much but it felt like i was reading a looooong blog post from a fanboy of aamir khan.there was very little content that was well unknown to me already. it largely focused on around 21 of his movies. too much content with statements from his directors and producers and co-stars from these movies and of course none of them had anything bad to say about him. 😀

Well, Indian biographies - atleast the official ones (this one was when it started) - tend to be pretty one sided. The darker ones aren't allowed to release. Freedom of press is only for the record.

right. i thought the book would at least contain interesting stories from the making of movies that rarely get published in mainstream media... except for one or two interesting instances, i thought it was largely a drag.