Dlink DWM-156 vs Micromax MMX-353g

• Thread starter Thread starter kms_vizag
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,945

kms_vizag

ISP
bsnl
Friends, I am confused regarding which 3g usb modem to buy.

I have narrowed down to D-Link DWM-156 and Micromax MMX-353g which are available locally.
I think Micromax supports voice calls. not sure if Dlink supports voice calls..
Both are around the Rs1600-1700 range. Dlink being the lower cost one..

If you have used any of them, kindly post your suggestions as to which one is better.
I need both good upload as well as download speeds.

thanks,

Mohan Sai

Which one you bought ?And any heating or disconnection issues ?

hi Yatin!Tried DWM-156 with aircel 3g & 2g, vodafone 2g, airtel 2g and docom😵n 2g it gets just a little bit warm. It gets somewhat hot with aircel 3g. i don't know if this is common for any modem when used in 3g as I haven't used any other 3g service yet. Speed and disconnection issues vary with network and your location from that particular service provider's tower.(1) Airtel gives speed but disconnects frequently at very short intervals. I'm slightly away from their tower. that could b one of the reasons. Signal strength is around 30-40%.(2) Aircel doesn't disconnect but offers very low speed on 2g. Ironically, I'm very close to their tower & have a very strong signal (100%) of this service provider.(3) Vodafone speed is better than all others on 2g. disconnects sometimes. I'm very close to their tower & have a strong signal (100%) of this service provider.(4) Docomo speed is better than aircel on 2g & almost never disconnects. I'm quite far away from their tower, signal strength is around 75%.Sai