Nokia City Lens

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 3,253
this one is of course one of the cooler features to have. would be interesting to see if it works in india at all 😀

This is one thing I would really love to test out. It won't work in India for sure 😀

yeap. google is very weak in this area too. i so much wish that the management of Ambience Mall and other big malls would upload their flood data to Google servers so that one can use Google Maps to locate stores inside the mall.

In some malls I have seen these touch screen displays where one can search for and see directions to the store (generic). However, they are very rare, and usually only one per mall, which is appalling. I remember seeing this thing in Kuala Lumpur and that thing - which was placed at several locations inside the mall - even suggests which lift, which stair case, or escalator to take if its on a different floor, and all that from the current location, not a fixed point

right. and in a country like ours, these are likely to start malfunction in a matter of days. i have not seen a working kiosk at PVR in months now 😕 best is to add support on existing platforms. offer data to Nokia maps. offer data to google maps. it is free for them. compared to lakhs they would be spending on such machines. of course, it does not help everyone. but it is still better than nothing.

ok that was a generalized statement. the question is, how big is their database. and how accurate it would be in indian markets.

About city lense.. I just saw a Nokia mobile ad on star cricket about that city lens. Ad says its available in India.. Are you guys talking about that?

https://broadband.forum/mobile-apps/78326-nokia-city-lens.html

here are some videos of Nokia city lens in action. the ad you saw was the international edition or a local edition? coz i am yet to see a local version on nokia india youtube account.

lol. here is a screencap from the ad featuring shah rukh khan. this is clearly from connaught place in delhi.

so nokia is at least claiming that it works in india. do we have a nokia lumia device owner here on the forum?

https://imgur.com/DGj0Z

Wait.. If i see the ad again i will try to memories content as much as possible and update here.. I am watching star cricket right now.Sorry I wrongly said espn cricket in my above post, its star cricket.. So modified that part.Update: ya srk in the af and was a windows phone.

i would really have loved to have a higher quality version to see the actual names shown here. this is from the best quality version. this functionality on the phone was clearly created using CGI...