Nokia City Lens

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
this one is of course one of the cooler features to have. would be interesting to see if it works in india at all :D

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
This is one thing I would really love to test out. It won't work in India for sure :D

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
yeap. google is very weak in this area too. i so much wish that the management of Ambience Mall and other big malls would upload their flood data to Google servers so that one can use Google Maps to locate stores inside the mall.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
In some malls I have seen these touch screen displays where one can search for and see directions to the store (generic). However, they are very rare, and usually only one per mall, which is appalling. I remember seeing this thing in Kuala Lumpur and that thing - which was placed at several locations inside the mall - even suggests which lift, which stair case, or escalator to take if its on a different floor, and all that from the current location, not a fixed point

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
right. and in a country like ours, these are likely to start malfunction in a matter of days. i have not seen a working kiosk at PVR in months now :confused: best is to add support on existing platforms. offer data to nokia maps. offer data to google maps. it is free for them. compared to lakhs they would be spending on such machines. of course, it does not help everyone. but it is still better than nothing.