• Thread starter Thread starter prakash_mvpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,574

prakash_mvpa

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
I am on BSNL BBG FN 500 plan from the day got dsl connection. it is almost 7 years with this plan IIRC. But, now a days, My day time browsing crosses 7-8GB.

I was thinking, that if there is any unlimited/limited plan with atleast 1mbps or above which offers above bandwidth. any suggestions? considering BBG FN 500 got caps for 2.5G/Month and 2-8AM free downloading which is very useful if you are into torrents and p3on :tranquillity (2): .. once it crosses 2.5G, in FN500 plan you pay 0.20p/mb which is not bad. but, I think with another plan I can control the bill amount which from past months cross Rs1700!

So guys, Please Suggest a plan considering My Data Usage limit of 7GB.

I have a 3g BSNL connection but it is not useful once you move out of 3g coverage. note that For Rs601, BSNL 3g offers 3GB download limit for 3 months?
Asianet Cable is the another option. I think it is more costlier.

Hmm. What about reliance broadband? 549/- for 500kbps during day and 800kbps during night. Or 999/- 1Mbps during day and 1.5Mbps during night. The quality of service is a concern. I am enjoying excellent services from them in TVM. Do not know about their capabilities in your region.

Asianet broadband..any reviews? any plan suits My need? where I stay(~near Muvattupuzha), it is Midlands...hills and valley kind of topography. so, this 3g coverage is a suspect. when I searched for UMTS network on My place, it showed only idea,cellone have 3g coverage. however, I see reliance 3g ad in shops here! :scared:

I have not used Asianet Broadband as of today; so I am unsure about their quality of services. You might have to wait for other subscribers from Kerala to chime in their opinions over here. It is impossible to predict the quality of service of any ISP within India. Everywhere in this forum you will see a large number of people giving negative reviews about Reliance Broadband. However, I went ahead and risked 600/- to buy a connection. I am fully satisfied with their services. So, you can also try to take an Asianet connection on temporary basis. It may or may not work - we cannot say it with certainty. Like you mentioned, their plans are somewhat expensive.Have you inquired about BSNL Wi-Max services? I hear good things about that service in some other forums ..

Is ULD 625 plan of bsnl have free bsnl to bsnl calls?????

It has 100 free calls, BSNL to BSNL or any other network.

OK. I found out "BBG COMBO ULD 850" plan is the best available plan suited for Me.
It is 2mbps upto 8GB and 512Kbps afterwards. it is enough for My usage, I guess. Also, it is a Combo Plan(no telephone rent) with Free 350 calls.

Guys, Any one tried that "Udaan" portal to change BSNL Broadband Plan Online?
I applied for Plan Change through that Website and got a instant SMS in My Mobile. I hope it works!(I will update).
UDAAN PROJECT -- BSNL

http://bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB/BB_COMBO_Unlim.htm

Don't think anyone will call. But seen plan change happens within a day or two.

^^^ wow..Someone sucked from that plan! 70GB per month? if I'm not mistaken? and that too for Rs580! 😀 I know Yaar..If You are into Torrents,P4on and gaming etc, this plan is unimaginably cheap at Rs500. even I used to download 30-40GB/month scheduling My Debian Linux box to download torrents and stop the connection at 7.50AM.. I guess I am now too old for the fun. I use up morning bandwidth of 2.5 within a week itself. that is the problem. hence, changing to 850 unlimited plan.