www.flipkart.com doesn't open on bsnl BB

• Thread starter Thread starter sujeet2555
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 10,882

sujeet2555

ISP
bsnl
i have 750+ combo plan of bsnl BB. from last day i.e. flipkart.com isn't opening up.i tried different browsers but all i get like this "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories Try reloading: www.*flipkart.*com" , "Could not connect to remote server Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site." , "The connection has timed out The server at Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories is taking too long to respond." .

i changed my dns server to but the result same.i searched that website is up and running ,only i can't connect. bsnl customer service doesn't know any better. i can reach flipkart using online proxies.other websites have no problem.
please help, ! why this happening to me ? is it only me or other bsnl users ?

Opening fine for me with BSNL ULD 750.

heard about DDOS attacks on thr website. Your problem seems to be different but sometimes i get error too, tikona user here.

I guess site is slow as from few days it takes time to load even from office

it has been working previously and sometimes it does open.so my hosts are not messed up.also i got this error from chrome that " lot of users are having difficulty trying to connect flipkart ,try after sometime" .that's a new one.

Hey folks, came across this thread, and thought it would be good to provide clarity. Sujeet, most likely your IP was blocked at our firewall. We've seen a few people crawl the site indiscriminately, and they often use regular broadband connections as the IP keeps on changing. Unfortunately, when a genuine user gets assigned that IP later, they see connectivity issues. Glad to see that the site is now accessible to you. In future if it you see connectivity issues, just drop a tweet to @flipkart as we monitor it quite actively and we might've able to help faster. Sid, we are not under any DDoS attack currently 🙂

Hey folks, came across this thread, and thought it would be good to provide clarity.

Sujeet, most likely your IP was blocked at our firewall. We've seen a few people crawl the site indiscriminately, and they often use regular broadband connections as the IP keeps on changing. Unfortunately, when a genuine user gets assigned that IP later, they see connectivity issues.

Glad to see that the site is now accessible to you. In future if it you see connectivity issues, just drop a tweet to @flipkart as we monitor it quite actively and we might've able to help faster.

Sid, we are not under any DDoS attack currently 🙂

What many big sites does is, If suspected connections from a particular IP range requests to access Your e-shopping site, You may set up a verification system possibly CAPTCHA,Random Questions which only Indians can answer(eg political leaders,cinema).. I forgot those sites which were north american whom banned whole BSNL IP Range because of bloody spamsters. We, the normal users suffer because of such people. Yet, some of these websites provide a verification option for individuals from suspected IP as explained above.

i have 750+ combo plan of bsnl BB. from last day i.e. flipkart.com isn't opening up.i tried different browsers but all i get like this "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories Try reloading: www.*flipkart.*com" , "Could not connect to remote server Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site." , "The connection has timed out The server at Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories is taking too long to respond." .

i changed my dns server to but the result same.i searched that website is up and running ,only i can't connect. bsnl customer service doesn't know any better. i can reach flipkart using online proxies.other websites have no problem.
please help, ! why this happening to me ? is it only me or other bsnl users ?

use Proxy or HOTSPOT shield VPN / tor
Actualy it should not be blocked in any way