Upgrading from tata sky SD to HD

mega_processor

Has opinons on everything
ISP
five networks
i have a Tata Sky sd SB which i havent used for more than a year.Just few days ago i bought a new LED tv and i thought i should get a new HD SB.I have hathway in other room so i inquired there and realised they do not have much to offer in HD plus they were lousy in service.Next thing i do is call the customer care number to ask what i need to do to upgrade my SD SB to HD.they tell me they would call me in 30 mins with all relevant information.2 days pass and they call me,telling me how Digital Tv is getting mandatory.I am totally ridiculed.I am trying to explain that guy that i have a SB already so i politely ask him to help me to give details for up-gradation but he keeps telling me about the new laws.Finally he realises his mistake and says someone will call me in next 1 hour and noone calls.Now i am really doubting my decision to stick to tata sky,anyways i will be paying,so why shouldnt i buy a new SB from some other company.I hope tata sky reps are reading this.

Well, the only advantage of continuing with TS during your transition from SD to HD is to use the existing packages/channels and add-ons. Since you aren't using ur TS SD anyway, it would be better to go for other HD DTH services that offer more channels. Besides, SD channel quality gets reduced while using the TS HD box ( At least for me ). Something to do with compression of the video due to higher bit rate of the HD channels.

ok.which one would you recommend?i am into HD adventure and science channels and all sports channel.

@admin, but i am struck with TS as i have subscribed for annual pack 🙁

Does Videocon D2H provide 5.1 dolby audio? It's not clearly mentioned in their site.Tata Sky provides 5.1 and I think Airtel too provides. BIG does not provide 5.1. Dish HD Not sure. SunDirect is not in my list even if they give 7.1

ridiculous Tata Sky guys say they cannot use the wiring they did for SD ,if i want to get HD.my wiring is concealed and last time they literally looted me...tata sky is terrible..i need any operator who can reuse my wire

ridiculous Tata Sky guys say they cannot use the wiring they did for SD ,if i want to get HD.my wiring is concealed and last time they literally looted me...tata sky is terrible..i need any operator who can reuse my wire

You must have requested for TS+ HD. In that case, they have to install additional wire from Dish to your STB for broadcasting live channel while simultaneously recording other channel.

@ the thread starter - I am TS HD+ and TS+ customer i would recommend you to go for D2H or ADTV rather than upgrading for TS HD or HD+....Have some patience...be with TS till the time your annual subscription expires....then move to D2H or ADTV...