3g on blackberry capped at 384kbps???

ISP
airtel
Hi,I live in delhi and am currently a postpaid customer on airtel. I have a 3g enabled blackberry handset (bold 3). Airtel tells me that even after activating 3g services on my handset, the maximum speed I will get while using the internet on my handset is 384kbps. They tell me that proper 3g speeds are only available on blackberry if i use the phone as a wifi modem for my laptop, etc. According to them its a handset issue with all blackberry phones.On calling up vodafone customer care I was informed that on vodafone, blackberry users get proper 3g speed on their handsets (i was told between 3-7 mbps usually and a maximum of 21mpbs)Please someone throw some light on the issueRegards

speed of the normal blackberry plans are capped on airtel 3g network. To get full 3g speeds, you need to take new airtel 3g blackberry addon pack Rs.299
this 299 is payable on top of existing blackberry plan.

search for "Airtel Launches Unlimited BlackBerry 3G Data Plan For Rs. 299"
in google for full details

So Airtel 3G on Blackberry has 1 GB off-device + unlimited on device & will cost 599+299 = 898+taxes

got the add on pack activated and its awesome , finally enjoying 3g speeds on bis from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

According to airtel, even after getting the additional rs.299 3g plan.....the speed on the BB handset will be capped at 384. this plan is only useful for off device 3g services.Basically I have found out that no matter what plan you get on ur BB, you will not get proper 3g speed on it.I think this is ridiculous.

@rahul - Doesnt seem to be the case, as dushie just mentioned that he is enjoying 3g speeds on BIS ... If whatever you are saying is true... which may be right.. does seem a bit too expensive..