Stupid Problem Calling STD Numbers with Airtel since Last 2 days in U.P.(East)

• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 19,082

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
My android which has a Airtel 3G sim is not able to call any STD number of delhi as it says"Dialed number does not exists, please check the number and try again."while the number I am calling(Tata Indicom, Delhi) works fine from Reliance, Idea, Voda.Same story when I am trying to call Reliance number of Pune ??This stupid problem is making me carry another phone along as I cannot call my frequently called people when I am using Prepaid Airtel of U.P. (East)is anyone experiencing similar shocks from Airtel ????

My android which has a Airtel 3G sim is not able to call any STD number of delhi as it says

"Dialed number does not exists, please check the number and try again."

while the number I am calling(Tata Indicom, Delhi) works fine from Reliance, Idea, Voda.
Same story when I am trying to call Reliance number of Pune ??

This stupid problem is making me carry another phone along
as I cannot call my frequently called people when I am using Prepaid Airtel of U.P. (East)

is anyone experiencing similar shocks from Airtel ????

Try prefixing +91 then the std code without 0 and then number in case of landline and just +91 in case of mobile numbers. It may work, not sure though. Give it a try.

Try prefixing +91 then the std code without 0 and then number in case of landline and just +91 in case of mobile numbers. It may work, not sure though. Give it a try.

Do you think I posted this thread without trying every damn method ?
Airtel certainly having some secret issues.

Do you think I posted this thread without trying every damn method ?
Airtel certainly having some secret issues.

Well, you didn't mention that you tried all this already. Sorry for trying to help you out.

My android which has a Airtel 3G sim is not able to call any STD number of delhi as it says

"Dialed number does not exists, please check the number and try again."

while the number I am calling(Tata Indicom, Delhi) works fine from Reliance, Idea, Voda.
Same story when I am trying to call Reliance number of Pune ??

This stupid problem is making me carry another phone along
as I cannot call my frequently called people when I am using Prepaid Airtel of U.P. (East)

is anyone experiencing similar shocks from Airtel ????

I agree with you. Airtel Delhi has some very serious problem. When my sir call me on my MTNL number from Airtel Mobile, either he has to try twice or when i pick up the phone it disconnected with no voice coming or going. Even from my sir's Airtel mobile teree is no SMS service work to my Mobile.

Sometimes things like these happen.

Airtel never looked into this issue,I changed my connection and am with another service provider just cos of a similar kind of issue

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem disappeared after torturing me for 3-4 days.Neither I nor the number I was calling ever ported or change anything.this was certainly something undisclosed airtel issue.