3G plan on airtel

Hi,
I have registered for Rs. 200 500 MB 3G plan. When talking to a customer care executive he mentioned that this 500 MB is only for first 3 Months and afterwards it will be only 250 MB.
Is this really true? Does anyone knows more about this? This was not mentioned in their website http://www.airtel.in/Airtel-3G/tariffs.html, from where I looked up the plans.

Airtel seems to love making it difficult for people to stay on their network.

Now my Airtel 3G doesn't gets 3G speeds, and I checked the SIM services in a modem, looks like there's no more 3G signals from Airtel in my city (Allahabad, U.P. (East))
it only accepts Idea or voda as 3G and shows I am on roaming, being on home town, haven't been on any trip for a year almost, didn't ported my number earlier, didn't changed network settings, and don't want those APN teaching lessons from CC executives.

so all energy I could waste on this connection is to visit a vodafone store and request them to port my airtel to voda, atleast I'll have less painful life.

I hate myself worrying for such petty things, I can pay a premium price but shouldn't be bothered to waste my time with such mysterious network issues, I wonder how low airtel considers its customers life and time, I refuse to participate and waste my energy anymore on such network issues.

Bye Bye Airtel, pretty soon.

Edit: added speedtest result, and to mitigate another issue, I've not crossed my 3G plan limit that I should be forced to pathetic speeds.

Does airtel have license for 3G in the UPE circle ? Or do they use idea's network ? If the latter is true, then no need to worry about the roaming issue.

Try changing the host to either vodafone or hughes and test the speed... coz im getting very low speeds of my bb on airtel server ~ 1mbps, but on vodafone/hughes it goes up to 3.50mbpsif there is no change switch to voda/idea...

I don't know if they have been fooling earlier by putting hoardings and banners "airtel 3G is here" everywhere in the city.if they charge for it, it should work like a 3G, I give a damn if they have it or they borrow.I've been trying to do the 3G recharge since last 24 hours and I've been debited thrice and they say they were unable to process request, seems like end of the Game.

Alright, they do have a license for the upe circle.Threaten to port out and watch your troubles evaporate. 😉

I guess this is Airtel's combat to Aircel's Unlimited 3G but it's no where close. The hassle of toggling between 2G and 3G, keeping an eye on usage or getting huge bill shocks, etc. isn't worth it. Don't you think it's high time when we need Unlimited 3G?

It's high time to accept that there is nothing unlimited*specifically when we are talking about 3G

It's high time to accept that there is nothing unlimited*

specifically when we are talking about 3G

Yes, it's unlimited! The point is it switches to 128 Kbps when you exhaust your allocated volume. If you still want high speed, you can recharge/ activate the same plan or a different plan, once again. However, even if you forget about your usage volume, you will NOT get bill shocks. I like this thing the best about Aircel. What do you say?