Vodafone Online recharge does not work

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 13,211
ISP
MTNL
I tried using online portal of Vodafone website to recharge Rs. 350 through SBI net banking facility. Now the amount has debited from my account but I got an SMS that the recharge failed. So I called up CC and they told me SBI net banking is not supported as payment method. They said the amount will be refunded in next 5 days. So I tried to recharge using HDFC net banking. Same problem. Recharge failed. Called the CC again and now they tell me even HDFC bank is not supported. I was like WTF? If you cannot support 2 main banks, might as well wind up business or is it a case of bad credit with those banks?

Why are these banks listed in their payment gateway anyway? This is probably the first time, MTNL online recharge has out classed a multinational like Vodafone.

I finally managed to recharge based on Vodafone's Aukaat! Recharge coupon from a roadside shop. lol

I am not sure, to me it seems you have been fed a few lies, because if the payment method was not supported they should have removed the entry from this list & it should have been blocked before sending a request to the bank requesting payment. I suspect, its simply their system is not working well & the CC has told some random stuff.

Btw few months back I tried To recharge with my Citibank card an it's not supported aswell :S

Is there ANY card that works at all 😀

This thread is incomplete without this 😉

Hello Sir/Madam,

Thanks for writing to us. Kindly share your number with us so that we may assist you better. For any other assistance you can call us on 198.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care

Btw, I'm on the same situation as you as my primary account is in hdfc. So for topping up the Vodafone numbers of my dad and sis i use third party websites like rechargeitnow and freecharge.

Really pathetic for a company like Vodafone not having banks like hdfc and sbi on their payment channels.

I was able to recharge using HDFC and IDBI VISA card. But I was not able to find option for my Citi Maestro Debit card.
Check below screen, there is some notice-

Posting on behalf of VodafoneIndia

Hello Sir/Madam,

Could you please share your number with us here Vodafone ? We'll look into the matter and get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care

----------

@ sanke1,

I didnt exactly understand how did u try - Did u try thru Vodafone site, or thru ur Bank's website? Thru the bank's website it should be smooth. When i used to have VF, Dad used to do that for me thru ICICI. Now i m on Idea & i do that thru my account......without any hassles.

----------

Oh, so that reply was already posted by androidfreak. I didnt even notice that! In short i acted just like the "Customer care" itself! 😀

Tried today using Paytm and it failed again. I got an email saying the number is not registered with vodafone! Ridiculous.