Annoying sms popup messages

Jithin, did toggling that item under Call settings work/are you still receiving those pop-ups?

I can confirm tomorrow. Generally I receive these messages on morning and evening times (multiple ones in one shot). Since this is a phone setting I believe this should work,

All right 🙂 Hoping for the best.

It worked. No annoying messages anymore. Thanks guys for helping out.I would like to know if these Cell Broadcast messages would come under the ambit if DND.

Thanks a lot. This finally helped me in understanding whats actually happening.
I found no option to disable them under the Airtel icon, but under Call settings I found settings for disabling them.
Can you please inform me the exact procedure to disable these flash messages? I'm experiencing the same on my dad's new Idea no.

Can you please inform me the exact procedure to disable these flash messages? I'm experiencing the same on my dad's new Idea no.

For my phone running on Andrioid 4, I found the settings under Settings->Call->Call broadcast . In my friends phone which was running under Android 2.x I found it under Messages->Settings. I am assuming that its got to be under one of these 2 locations for all.

Under the settings you can find options to disable Cell Broadcasting totally or disable it from specific channels. I chose to disable it from channel 50.

this works fine. stopped flash SMS. thank you. Settings->Call->Call broadcast . In my friends phone which was running under Android 2.x I found it under Messages->Settings. I am assuming that its got to be under one of these 2 locations for all.Under the settings you can find options to disable Cell Broadcasting totally or disable it from specific channels. I chose to disable it from channel 50.[/QUOTE]