Annoying sms popup messages

Hi,
Ever since I started using a smart phone, I have been receiving popup like sms messages. My previous phone was not a smart phone and I was not.receiving these. Please refer this image

Sometimes 3-4 messages come in one shot and they are sent from number 50.
Can anyone please tell me who is sending these and how can I disable them?

are you subscribed to DND? 😀 i do not get these type of promotional popups from airtel on my phone.

are you subscribed to DND? 😀

i do not get these type of promotional popups from airtel on my phone.
I am already subscribed to DND. SMS'ing START 0 to 1909 confirms this. Still I am getting this messages from number 50. So I called Airtel again and they registered a complaint. Supposed to be rectified by May 3rd.

I am trying to learn who is the source of these SMS

I am trying to learn who is the source of these SMS
These are flash messages. airtel's dedicated spam team is the source.

I'm experiencing these kinds of messages on my dad's newly bought Idea no. on which DND is fully activated. These telecos think we're fools.

after dnd register if u still get promotional sms.then don't tell anything to them.according to TRAI complain there. they will fine him about 10 lakh+ and u also get some money 🙂I got this from past adv, I forget.

after dnd register if u still get promotional sms.
then don't tell anything to them.
according to TRAI complain there. they will fine him about 10 lakh+
and u also get some money 🙂
I got this from past adv, I forget.

How do I complain? Also when I went to Airtel page to complain Untitled Document I am being asked my DND registration number which I lost.
In the same page when I gave a wrong number I was given this "In case you've forgotten your DND registration number, simply SMS My DND to 121 from your phone to retrieve it."
My send the SMS I got a reply that it is not a valid option. How else can I retrieve this number?

How do I complain? Also when I went to Airtel page to complain Untitled Document I am being asked my DND registration number which I lost.
In the same page when I gave a wrong number I was given this "In case you've forgotten your DND registration number, simply SMS My DND to 121 from your phone to retrieve it."
My send the SMS I got a reply that it is not a valid option. How else can I retrieve this number?

Don't think that only DND will be a solution to your woes.On Vodafone, Flash pop-ups can be disabled by: Vodafone Services SIM icon > "FLASH!" menu > "Deactivate" option.See if there's a similar option in Airtel...

number 50 means broadcast messages, these are the status msgs that you see in non-smartphones screens. they usually show city area names or promo msgs. try to find the disable option for those broadcast/info msg in your phone.

I have noticed this thread a bit late..OK here is my problem..I have samsung f-480 for last 4 years(lol dont laugh plz), it dont support flash...one of my friend has Reliance GSM number...when he send SMS to me..I got like what you guys are talking about...it asks me to Save..but gets normal sms from all other number..even from other reliance GSM too..When he send sms to my another number I gets it like normal sms...Strange..if you people want me to submit a camera shot of that sms..then I will try to do that..as my second handset don't have camera.

Don't think that only DND will be a solution to your woes.
On Vodafone, Flash pop-ups can be disabled by: Vodafone Services SIM icon > "FLASH!" menu > "Deactivate" option.
See if there's a similar option in Airtel...

number 50 means broadcast messages, these are the status msgs that you see in non-smartphones screens. they usually show city area names or promo msgs. try to find the disable option for those broadcast/info msg in your phone.

Thanks a lot. This finally helped me in understanding whats actually happening.
I found no option to disable them under the Airtel icon, but under Call settings I found settings for disabling them.

I found no option to disable them under the Airtel icon, but under Call settings I found settings for disabling them.

Jithin, did toggling that item under Call settings work/are you still receiving those pop-ups?