Never Go For Tata Sky!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sinhaparakh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 5,132

sinhaparakh

ISP
Sify
I am a customer of Tata Sky for more than one year. And from the very first day of viewing, I detected that the sound of non-HD and HD channels breaks/distorts at regular intervals for a fraction of second. It is just like skipping of sound while playing a badly scratched audio CD. When I complained this matter to the customer service center, the technicians visited my home on multiple occasions and found my complain true. This led to the change of my Digicomp. Despite this, the problem still exists.The service persons also told that this problem can be a result of cloudy weather but this type of non-professional and lame excuses can't fool users like us.This problem occurs even on a clear sunny day. I had lodged this complain approx 25 times to the persons availble in the customer care service and all the time they make the bad weather excuse. Sometimes they advise to change the interconnect cable but this is not the fault of cables as this problem persists on both HDMI output as well as Stereo RCA output and i am using a very good quality of both the interconnects of very reputed brands. So, this couldn't be the possible reasons. After my repeated complaints till 3 month, an engineer of Tata Sky called me and told that really there is a problem in their telecast. For which, the company who provided the up-linking/down-linking software is responsible as the software has some glitch in it. He assured me that this problem will be sorted out within one month. But now, 8 months has been passed and the outcome is zero. Today when I again called the services, they sent a technician who reported the problem to his seniors but the seniors told that there is no problem with Tata Sky and this a common problem with every DTH operator and he disconnected the phone. Now, I have decided to move to the Consumer Court against TATA SKY. So it's my advise to all the users the do not buy Tata Sky as it has the above stated problems in it. You can go for any other brands as I have surveyed myself that there is no such problem in any of the service providers except Tata Sky!!

hmm, TS works well here. I wonder if there are others facing the same issue as yours.

There are many users facing this issue among my family and friends and they too have lodged many complaints against it but Tata Sky hasn't paid attention to any of them.Btw, thanks x720 for your comments! 🙂

Using TS for 5 years now, no problem till date, every complain by me was responded quickly. I am happy with TS

Dear Sher,Kindly use a good quality speaker or a LED Tv with Tata Sky and tell me whether you face similar problem or not. Listen to some music channels like MTV or Discovery HD in high volume. Do it yourself and lend me your feedback!

^Dunno about hd, but the sd broadcast is fine.

I am a Tata Sky SD user for more than 5 yrs now. Never faced any problem with the audio. I would say the picture quality is not on par with the other DTHs but definitely the audio is really good in TS. I have used both CRT and LCD TVs and the audio was always good.

I am user for 5 yrs, I agreed with Sinhaparakh. If you know wat does mean audio, only then you can catch this problem. Its there but to catch this problem, you have to listen the audio in big volume with good speakers.......I have noted it in sd and even HD stb since long ago.

My TS+HD box hangs atleast once every 15 minutes.......cant do anything........got my box replaced 6times after the earlier boxes failed to restart afterr hanging.....this is the only box which starts after getting hanged.......its really frustrating......i have called Ts guys and thy say that my landline connection nearby is disturbing the set top box's software....its so lame and pathetic......TS really sucks......even complaint to nodal officer did'nt bring any satisfactory result.....dont go for Ts+HD. Other boxes are fine.

Thanks Beekeys for supporting me. Others, please watch while some music programs like Saregamapa, Amul Jo jeeta wahi superstar or Indian Idol in high volume reducing the low frequencies (Bass Frequency) and increasing the high frequencies (Treble) of your TV.

Done that, no issue at all 😉Anyone here on the Thomson STB and facing the sound issue ? If so, I'll test a little more rigorously.

I am also using a very old Thomson STB and the sound is perfectly normal at any range. Never had any hardware issue at all. Thats why i am still with TS even though their Tamil channel count is very less. I am using TS for 5 yrs now.

It is 'definately' a problem with the mini dish.Try the following:1. Make sure there is absolutely no obstacle between the main side of the dish and the sky.2. Hold the dish with both hands and move slightly to see if it is firmly installed with proper tools, also check the components on the dish are fimly screwed and all the cables are tight, if not then this is where the prob is.3. Remove any metal or wood materials from about 5 feet around the dish.(if possible)4. Make sure the cable that runs from the dish to the reciever is not sharply bent from anywhere, if it is bending, the curve should be round and not sharp or blunt. If it was ever previously bent, then replace the cable.5. If nothing works then the problem is with the reciever on the dish, that is the gun like thing on the front of the mini dish, tell Tata Sky to replace it or maybe do it yourself if you can.Installing the minidish is the main and most crucial part of the installation, which most installers neglect. A simple re allignment of the dish can even improve signal reception and picture/sound quality a lot.