Pendrive not being detected - Urgently help needed

ISP
Jio
I had purchased a Transcend Jet Flash 700 USB 3.0 16 GB Pendrive from Flipkart in mid September 2011. The pendrive is not even a year old.

Yesterday I inserted my pendrive in a friend's laptop to transfer files of around 1.5GB. The pendrive had more than 10GB free space. 70-80% of the transfer was done but then his laptop's battery drained off and the laptop obviously got shut down. Since then, whenever I insert my pendrive in any device the blue light on it blinks for around 10 seconds and then the light turns off too. The pendrive is not detected.

I have tried reading the pendrive on my friend's laptop, on my laptop and my tablet too. On each device, the pendrive's light blinks for about 10 seconds but nothing happens.

Please help, is there any way by which I can fix it?

Even the recovery program fails to detect the device.

Have you tried this already? If this doesn't detect it, no other option left than getting it replaced under warranty.

time to ask for a replacement!

How do I ask for a replacement? Can you please explain the procedure?

----------

Have you tried this already? If this doesn't detect it, no other option left than getting it replaced under warranty.

Yes I have tried it several times. The pendrive is just not detected.

Replacement time, i dont know abt transcend but kingston use to replace the USB without even checking, they just see the code (on the metal head) to figure out its original or not and then they will give a form to fill name and address, just that and walk with a new replaced pen drive 🙂 .

You would need to contact Transcend as its beyond the 30-day period that Flipkart services.---Also do try to use the Disk Utility program in a Ubuntu Linux install and see if that can format the drive. I have been successful in 'repairing' a stuck iball pendrive using the same. You can do a Wubi install of Ubuntu in windows itself.

I dont know about mumbai market etc, if you have a hardware market thr then they can tell you, call justdial to get a good answer.otherwise contact transcend.

from their website you have to apply for a replacement on their US website.