The New Ipad (iPad3) with BSNL 3g

• Thread starter Thread starter Kihtrak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 11,801

Kihtrak

ISP
ACT
I got a new Ipad(3rd Generation) from Singapore and inserted a BSNL 3g sim card, but i am connecting only to the Edge signal. Anybody facing this problem or if it can be resolved please suggest?(Tried resetting the network connection).

Have you entered correct BSNL 3G APN?Does your place receive 3G signal?

I am from Chennai and the APN was automatically set to Bsnlnet once i switched on the iPad after inserting the SIM (UID - Blank and Pass - Blank).

Then please check if 3G is properly activated as BSNL have separate plan for iPad I think.Here MTNL sim works flawlessly on 3G in my iPad 3

^You can use 3G without being subscribed to any plan. 3G does need to be activated, but uSIMS come with 3G activated by default.@OP - Can you test the sim card on some other device, to check whether it is functioning properly or whether you have 3G network at your place ?

I am getting the 3g Signal after visiting the BSNL office which is located near my place. Now i am facing a different problem, whenever i turn on the IPad i am getting a error message DF 09 20 and also the Personal Hotspot option is missing.

I am getting the 3g Signal after visiting the BSNL office which is located near my place. Now i am facing a different problem, whenever i turn on the IPad i am getting a error message DF 09 20 and also the Personal Hotspot option is missing.

Hi Kihtrak, Thanks for the post. My new iPad (AT&T) 4g LTE is also missing Personal Hotspot with BSNL prepaid 3g. Anyone has workaround for this to enable the Personal Hotspot? Please let me know.

Please try a Restore. This is the only workaround, I have given my Ipad to the Service center will receive it today. I will update the status after receiving my Ipad.

Thanks Kihtrak. Any problem in your new iPad requires service center? Regarding restore, since I already updated to iOS 5.1.1 does the restore reverts that back to 5.1? I'm also thinking to try out airtel postpaid micro-sim to check the hotspot option. Let me know your thoughts.

I got the Ipad replaced from the service center, and the personal Hotspot is not working with both airtel and BSNL SIM Card's. We need to wait for the network upagrde wich might take a month or so..

Hi! I just bought a new iPad wifi+4g; I want to get a 3G SIM which I want to use sparingly - when my LAND line BB is not working OR when I am traveling. Any suggestions on service provider and Plan? I am most of the time in Bangalore or Chennai. Thanks..

You can go For BSNL or airtel. In BSNL go for Rs 600 plan where you get 3 GB and it is valid for three months. Airtel is little costlier than BSNL and they only have monthly plans.