The New Ipad (iPad3) with BSNL 3g

Kihtrak

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2011
Chennai
I got a new Ipad(3rd Generation) from Singapore and inserted a BSNL 3g sim card, but i am connecting only to the Edge signal. Anybody facing this problem or if it can be resolved please suggest?(Tried resetting the network connection).

Kihtrak

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2011
Chennai
I am from Chennai and the APN was automatically set to Bsnlnet once i switched on the iPad after inserting the SIM (UID - Blank and Pass - Blank).

sanke1

Aug 1, 2005
Mumbai
Then please check if 3G is properly activated as BSNL have separate plan for iPad I think.Here MTNL sim works flawlessly on 3G in my iPad 3

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
^You can use 3G without being subscribed to any plan. 3G does need to be activated, but uSIMS come with 3G activated by default.@OP - Can you test the sim card on some other device, to check whether it is functioning properly or whether you have 3G network at your place ?

Kihtrak

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2011
Chennai
I am getting the 3g Signal after visiting the BSNL office which is located near my place. Now i am facing a different problem, whenever i turn on the IPad i am getting a error message DF 09 20 and also the Personal Hotspot option is missing.

spb_balaji

Jun 20, 2012
I am getting the 3g Signal after visiting the BSNL office which is located near my place. Now i am facing a different problem, whenever i turn on the IPad i am getting a error message DF 09 20 and also the Personal Hotspot option is missing.

Hi Kihtrak, Thanks for the post. My new iPad (AT&T) 4g LTE is also missing Personal Hotspot with BSNL prepaid 3g. Anyone has workaround for this to enable the Personal Hotspot? Please let me know.

Kihtrak

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2011
Chennai
Please try a Restore. This is the only workaround, I have given my Ipad to the Service center will receive it today. I will update the status after receiving my Ipad.

spb_balaji

Jun 20, 2012
Thanks Kihtrak. Any problem in your new iPad requires service center? Regarding restore, since I already updated to iOS 5.1.1 does the restore reverts that back to 5.1? I'm also thinking to try out airtel postpaid micro-sim to check the hotspot option. Let me know your thoughts.