Can anyone advice on Spectranet or Hathway in Bangalore?

pulinp

[OP]
Apr 30, 2012
Can anyone tell me how is the service, downtime, speed etc for Spectranet and Hathway in Bangalore?

Reactions: 2 people

sachins

The Bastard Son
Regulars
Mar 21, 2009
Thane
Spectranet doesn't actually provide internet to you directly. Instead, they partner up with your local cable wallah who puts and maintains a network of ethernet cables. I think specranet has excellent uptime(>95%) however, you'll find your uptime to be ~80% because of the dozens of signal boosters that operate between your cable wallahs office and your house. If one of these boxes is switched off then all the rest in forward will stop working. The same will be true for hathway.

pulinp

[OP]
Apr 30, 2012
Spectranet doesn't actually provide internet to you directly. Instead, they partner up with your local cable wallah who puts and maintains a network of ethernet cables. I think specranet has excellent uptime(>95%) however, you'll find your uptime to be ~80% because of the dozens of signal boosters that operate between your cable wallahs office and your house. If one of these boxes is switched off then all the rest in forward will stop working. The same will be true for hathway.

Thanks Sachin

Do you have any idea about reliance's service too?

nspavan

Sep 6, 2010
I am in HSR. TTN provides internet from spectranet and it very good. Very low downtime and I can walk-in in case any problem

Miiky

Jun 17, 2012
Can anyone tell me how is the service, downtime, speed etc for Spectranet and Hathway in Bangalore?

Hathway is also good , good ping (lattency), 3-7% down which is pretty good I think.
CC quietly good 6/10.
And last but not least you get the speed they promised.

xtremevicky

Jun 23, 2012
I lived in BTM for 1 year and we got Spectranet and it served us well.We got the 1.5Mbps connection for 1K and downtime was for 12 hours a month. Nothing to worry and the guy was friendly us.It all depends where you live .

xtremevicky

Jun 23, 2012
I think there is no FUP for wireless plan am I right ?

It was 1.5Mbps unlimited. No FUP for downloading and uploading.