Shall i get a Reliance Wireline Internet?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tigerstyle9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,477
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerstyle9

ISP
MTNL
Hello everyone, i am in search of a good ISP with a decent plan. After being a user of MTNL for 5 years, i came across Reliance broadband which is offering Freedom 999 plan of 12mbps. So guys shall i go for it ?

If you've got no issues with mtnl, I see no reason to switch to rcom.

But reliance wired line internet is pretty decent. At least here in Mumbai. Down times are very less (touch wood!)

I have read too bad about their customer service, looting etc. So will you recommend it?

I can't see ur location thru tapatalk....but all I would say is that here in Mumbai the service is quite good. And the technician allotted to our area is helpful as well. For certain minor issues he resolves it without even asking me to register the complaint.So do check out in ur locality if anyone is using the service.....

I can't see ur location thru tapatalk....but all I would say is that here in Mumbai the service is quite good. And the technician allotted to our area is helpful as well. For certain minor issues he resolves it without even asking me to register the complaint.
So do check out in ur locality if anyone is using the service.....

Bro i am from Delhi and no one in my location is using Reliance. Everyone is using MTNL

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I would suggest risking 599/- (the installation charge) and getting a reliance wireline broadband connection which is suitable according to your requirements.

You will see plenty of negative reviews about reliance in this forum. Yes. Their service sucks. But only in certain select locations.

As usual, everything boils down to how the concerned personnel are. For instance, the guy who comes and collects your installation amount check can ruin the entire experience for you by disappearing with the check. Or, the guy who installs the connection at your place - if he is having a bad day - he can mess up the entire thing. Oh and by the way, reliance is experiencing some gateway issues in certain parts of Bangalore since Saturday evening.

So, just jump in. Experience it first hand and then formulate your own opinions.

I have read somewhere that they keep on sending the bills even if we have surrendered the connection. Is it true?Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

^Yes, that does happen, happened to a friend of mine.

Do they have metro Ethernet in your area ?

Well i haven't enquired about it. They have not called me back.

Take census over there. Check the no of users using Rcom near by ur house. If every one is using rcom, then ask the neighbors about the quality. if No one is using rcom, then go and get get it. because the Line will be perfect with out any other users. if you are shy to ask neighbors, check every Electric post, and you can find if the neighbors are using rcom there will be a rcom box in the post.

If ur going to opt for Reliance...then beware. All major torrent sites are blocked by them as of today. Even..VIMEO..a online video streaming site. So, its totally up to u to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.