Any users interested in RetroShare (Airtel Users)

• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,110

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I recently found out about this piece of software and I was wondering if people were wanting to share stuff using this P2P software. The website is: RetroShare

It's decentralized and secure sharing is enabled. If any of you are interested in retrosharing with me (I retroshare with a few people outside india) then PM me your PGP information and I PM mine, then we can be connected in sharing whatever it is we want to share. One example how we can use this, is when some of us get allotted the 150gb a month on the 4mbps plan. Lets say that one of us are new the limit, but another person is not, so that person downloads what can be relevant to the group, and share. The more people, the larger the GBs we can use, share, in a month. The sky is the limit!

Peace.

It's not like AIrtel ignores the download/upload usage from this app/service/protocol, pretty useless.

No, the gbs allotted would remain the same, but the download speeds may not be altered or throttled. I just explained a benefit where 2 users who have 150gb can share data without the BT protocol therefore gaining benefit of speed.

I don't get it, what does this do exactly? If I want to download Ubuntu 12.04 and you already have it, do I get like LAN speed or something?

not going to happen on airtel coz it's dsl.

----------

OP probably means to say that since it is not bittorrent, you are going to get better speeds on it for content that you would usually get from torrents.

Ah so its like bittorrent but its not so airtel wont throttle your speed to shit, I AM IN!

if you look at it practically. airtel probably charges you to access their own website. so well...

uh, but wouldn't the transfer speed get limited by the uploader's uploading speed. I don't think Airtel gives 4 megs of upload speed too.

exactly. also. why would someone waste their bandwidth on making content on their computers available to other users when they are not gaining anything from it?