New Entry : The Toilet Scam

moindear

Internet addict!
[OP]
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
The state panchayati raj department told the ministry of rural development that it got 1.71 crore toilets constructed under the scheme in the past one decade. But the household census data says that only 55 lakh rural households have toilets. Which means, 1.16 crore toilets in rural UP are "missing".

In 2002, the amount was about Rs 600; now, this has gone up to around Rs 4,500. Assuming the average expenditure on construction of new toilets was Rs 2,500, the Toilet Scam would work out to Rs 2,900 crore.

Now, UP gets its Rs 2,900 crore Toilet Scam - The Times of India

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
I guess some sort of blame game will follow in the assembly then.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
I guess our ministers seek opportunity in every activity done by govt to do scam. We have read about Roads, School Uniforms, Army equipment, then some new inventions like CWG, 2G.Kya hoga iss desh kaa :(

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
I am waiting for the day when we will get to know that our country is sold at some price (refer : SRK's O Darling yeh hai India). And that will not be the scam. The scam would be that it was "undersold"

Jagat

Regulars
May 6, 2012
Toilet scam? Indian politicians are real experts in all branches corruption. I makes one think how much of that development data is actual and how much of it is fabricated and is only on papers? Corrupt govt officials and ministers keeps fooling the people, keeps them dreaming about a developed India while sucking out their tax money for their personal pleasure. Reminds me of the movie Matrix.