• Thread starter Thread starter emptymt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,938

emptymt

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Am looking for a simple vanilla universal remote that can be programmed with my Hathaway STB and LG TV keys. I have used the one provided by Airtel and am looking for something exactly like that. Just something that allows you to turn on and off the TV and STB, flip channels and control volume. I don't need it to get me into other functionality and features of the television or STB. So basically none of the Logitech or Philips ones with LCD display, character input and support for all devices, costing several thousand.

Am looking for a simple vanilla universal remote that can be programmed with my Hathaway STB and LG TV keys.
I have used the one provided by Airtel and am looking for something exactly like that. Just something that allows you to turn on and off the TV and STB, flip channels and control volume.
I don't need it to get me into other functionality and features of the television or STB. So basically none of the Logitech or Philips ones with LCD display, character input and support for all devices, costing several thousand.

There are quite a bunch of cheap universal remotes available in the market. I suggest you go have a look at local electronics market and check out one. Also, do have a look at Logitech Harmony 300 which costs somwhere around 1.4 grands and it's one of the best around.

Upvote 0
Buy Philips Universal Remote SRU7140 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

am looking at this one. But can't figure out if all keys are programmable or not. It does support a large number of brands, but am not sure about the Hathaway STB being supported. I assume most universal remotes come with a long list of supported brands and a few programmable keys.
Any remotes where all keys can be programmed?

ps: the harmony is listed above 3k. Is the local market price less than half?

Upvote 0
Buy Philips Universal Remote SRU7140 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

am looking at this one. But can't figure out if all keys are programmable or not. It does support a large number of brands, but am not sure about the Hathaway STB being supported. I assume most universal remotes come with a long list of supported brands and a few programmable keys.
Any remotes where all keys can be programmed?

ps: the harmony is listed above 3k. Is the local market price less than half?

Sorry buddy, don't have any idea about this. Long back I had configured Logitech Harmony 1000 for a friend of mine and he was quite happy with it. But it costs a bomb. AFAIR, it was around 30k around four years back.

Upvote 0
Was looking for Logitech universal remote, they were selling on eBay for 600 or so and now no one has one in that price range :\

Upvote 0
This is my favorite. L5 Remote from L5Remote.com. Retails for $59 but I got it for $24 during a sale.
Plug in their accessory to an Ios device, install their app and you are on your way. You can customize your remote, download pre-stored remote designs and codes from their cloud. Since you can design, it is easy to configure multiple devices in a page. I use it to backup all my remotes just in case one of them crashes.
Some recent annoyances due to the port re-design by Apple.
I have used Logitech Harmony 1000, it is quite difficult to program and use. Also the rubber padding has become very sticky due to chennai humidity🙁

Upvote 0