Airtel 3G Data Card - No Recharge Options?? No customer support

canyouflyican

ISP
3G Dongle Data card
I bought an Airtel 3G Dongle (Data card). Now, I am finding it difficult to get it recharged. There is NO option for online recharge!!! I went to the dealer and tried recharging through easy recharge, but it didn't work. The dealer informed me that it can be done only after I complete one after the previous recharge!Then, when my account balance was zero, I got it recharged (before completeing one month.) Now, my second recharge amount is about to expire, i have only about 600 MB left (I need lot of balance as I use it for my office work). Again when i went to the dealer, he tried and said that it is not happening because one month has to be over. It will be over only on April 29, and I can;t wait that long!I called the number provided on airtel application 18001030405. The people there talks like they have absolutely no idea about data card. I chose the English option but they started speaking in Kannada (I hung up the first time because he could not understand anything). Then, a lady answered.Then, the conversation was:She: Heli (kannada)I: can you tell me how to recharge the 3G data card?She: You want to recharge 3g mobile?I: No, i want to recharge my 3g data cardShe: The same number you are calling?I: No, I don't want to recharge 3g on my mobile, I want it donefor my data card.She: Please hold onI: OKShe: ....for being on holdI: OKShe: For 3g, you recharge 9 rs, you get 10 mb, 1 day validity, 60 rs,...I: No, No, I want to recharge my data card. with 4 GBShe: You want to recharge for 3g, right?I: YesShe: for 9 rs, 10 MB, 1 day validityI: NO, I want 4 GBShe: 3g, or 4 g?I: 3G, data card, i want to recharge 4 G- B- FOUR GIGA BYTESShe: please hold on..I: OKShe:...for being on holdI: OKShe: You want to recharge 3g ?I: YesShe: Really...my application is slow..(What did i ask her? What is she doing on her application!!?)She: ..for being on hold...She: For 3g you have to contact your dealer.I: I went there, it is not working...She: Please hold onI: OKShe: ..for being on hold..you ahve to do at the deler. we cant do it..I: so waht is this department? She; Airtel supportI: can you tell me how to recharge?She; You have to tell your dealer..I: No other way?She: Only your dealer can do itI: BUt...(I realized that this lady cannot answer any of my other questions, as to the several problems i faced, teh one month barrier before i can recharge, teh 0 balance, the option to recharge like mobile then transfer to Internet balance etc..And, all this while my wife was standing beside me and saying, why are you being so nice, can't you ask properly..). SO I hung up the call and wrote this post!Can anyone tell me hw to recharge airtel dongle??? and what is the qualification for entering airtel datacard support? I know a boy who has passed 3rd grade, I think he knows more about 3g than those employed there!o

How about airtel's website ? And recharging a 3G mobile is the same as data card.

Airtel 3G T&C:

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
1) You cannot recharge a data pack with another data pack till previous balance is above 50MB.
2) On recharge with new data pack (when balance less than 50MB)/change in existing pack, earlier data balance available in your account will be forfeited.

----------

And recharging a 3G mobile is the same as data card.

True....

How about airtel's website ? And recharging a 3G mobile is the same as data card.

No, doesn't work. As directed from one of Airtel's office, made payment thorugh https://pay.airtel.com/PrepaidOnlineRecharge/mobileRecharge.jsp, but didn't work. The amount got deducted from my account (it does get refunded to my account later).

----------

----------

Airtel 3G T&C:

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
1) You cannot recharge a data pack with another data pack till previous balance is above 50MB.
2) On recharge with new data pack (when balance less than 50MB)/change in existing pack, earlier data balance available in your account will be forfeited.

----------

True....

I didn't know about those clauses in T&C. BTW, where is this T&C mentioned? Most don't read the T&C. Anyways, the point is not whether it is not mentioned in T&C, it is the ease/flexibility of reacharge, or at least the ease of accessign the required information that matters. Here neither is available.

Can you please post the link from where i can access the T&C you mentioned above (not the direct link) ?

3G Tariff Plans, Best 3G Plans, airtel Internet 3G Packs

select your circle, you can find T &C under data plans....

Same here, i use 70rs TIME BASED AIRTEL 3G DATA PLAN ( 60 min/ val 3days) for downloading but after consuming 60 minutes , i cannot recharge 70rs plan again until validity is completed....stupid rule from airtel.. btw i did not use 750/4GB plan....
Do you have AIRCEL 3G ? Aircel 3G has unused DATA CARRY FORWARD and also you can RECHARGE ANY DATA PACK WITH ANOTHER DATA PACK....i use 852/6GB/30days plan on my mobile, on the last day of validity i recharge with 92rs (200MB/30days) for unused DATA CARRY and validity extension for another 30 days

@canyouflyican .. Any luck on this ? I am also facing same issue right now. Customer care informed me that I can disable the pack and enable again using menu options under *121*11# but I couldn't disable a particular pack but to disable 3G completely and enable again. But this also didn't help me to fix the actual issue.
Please share me if you are able to recharge again within the validity period.
Thanks,
Jegan.