• Thread starter Thread starter raddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 8,644

raddy

Regular
ISP
Reliance JioFiber
Hello EverybodyI have converted to a corporate account in IDEA Cellular from Tata Docomo recently.My current credit limit is just Rs 750 as not even one month lapsed yet.I wanted to add GPRS pack for my number.But, nobody including the website are providing exact information regarding the per KB charges in unbilled usage even when a 98 Rs GPRS pack is activated.I don't want to cross my credit limit while using the GPRS pack's provided data cap.So, can any one from Bangalore, Karnataka who uses IDEA postpaid let me know the information i require?

Unbilled for data does not depend on credit limit as long as you stay within 2GB

Unbilled for data does not depend on credit limit as long as you stay within 2GB

Are you very sure ?
My bro had to shell out thousands of Rupees for crossing the credit limit despite he having a 3G data pack activated.
Also, he didn't exceed both the Data Pack's bandwidth cap and voice's plans available minutes.

So, at least 3G, unbilled usage still counts even if a data pack is active.
Please confirm the non-existent of the same in 2G.

idea charges you, for every penny you got, if you cross over the limit they will charge you for 1p/Kb till you exhaust your balance. I think you should just go back to DOCOMO best service there is/

Well, they cannot charge you based on unbilled on whatever network you are as long as you don't exceed the data limit. I know because, when I'd got idea, the unbilled would often reach 9 - 10k. Idea, I believe , cheated you. If this was a recent case , write a nice mail to them, they'll most probably give you your money back.

Hello Everybody

I have converted to a corporate account in IDEA Cellular from Tata Docomo recently.
My current credit limit is just Rs 750 as not even one month lapsed yet.
I wanted to add GPRS pack for my number.

But, nobody including the website are providing exact information regarding the per KB charges in unbilled usage even when a 98 Rs GPRS pack is activated.
I don't want to cross my credit limit while using the GPRS pack's provided data cap.

So, can any one from Bangalore, Karnataka who uses IDEA postpaid let me know the information i require?

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, mobile no., and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC198391 in the subject.

Regards,
Idea Cellular

Well, they cannot charge you based on unbilled on whatever network you are as long as you don't exceed the data limit. I know because, when I'd got idea, the unbilled would often reach 9 - 10k. Idea, I believe , cheated you. If this was a recent case , write a nice mail to them, they'll most probably give you your money back.

This particular reply you have given is very important for me.

My bro has shelled out around 2k for crossing the credit limit by using 3G data even after adding a Data pack.

One of other member in this forum too went through similar problem.https://broadband.forum/idea-mobile/70704-idea-postpaid-unbilled-usage-scam/

Can you confirm one important information.
Wasn't your credit limit more than 10k while your unbilled usage being reached 10k?

The information you will be providing would be very crucial in reclaiming the money from IDEA, as it was a recent incident.

IDEA people insisted that, you have to pay for crossing the credit limit as the data pack's benefit is only applicable upon bill generation.

Alright . My credit limit was 500 bucks when I started, on account of being a good customer, idea increased my credit limit to 2000. However, once while casually checking my unbilled, I saw that it had reached 9k, called up CC, they told that I had no reason to worry, as I'd got 2GB of data and that unbilled for data has no impact on credit limit.

When I ported out from idea, those chaps wanted me to pay 4k unbilled, sent a mail to care.dl@idea.adityabirla.co.in (dl being my circle code). Within an hour , I received numerous calls from higher ups apologizing etc and my number was ported out the same day.

Hope this helps 🙂

Alright . My credit limit was 500 bucks when I started, on account of being a good customer, idea increased my credit limit to 2000. However, once while casually checking my unbilled, I saw that it had reached 9k, called up CC, they told that I had no reason to worry, as I'd got 2GB of data and that unbilled for data has no impact on credit limit.

When I ported out from idea, those chaps wanted me to pay 4k unbilled, sent a mail to care.dl@idea.adityabirla.co.in (dl being my circle code). Within an hour , I received numerous calls from higher ups apologizing etc and my number was ported out the same day.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
I'll try my best to get money refunded and would update this thread.

Hello Everybody

I have converted to a corporate account in IDEA Cellular from Tata Docomo recently.
My current credit limit is just Rs 750 as not even one month lapsed yet.
I wanted to add GPRS pack for my number.

But, nobody including the website are providing exact information regarding the per KB charges in unbilled usage even when a 98 Rs GPRS pack is activated.
I don't want to cross my credit limit while using the GPRS pack's provided data cap.

So, can any one from Bangalore, Karnataka who uses IDEA postpaid let me know the information i require?

Dear Sir,

We would request you to kindly provide us; with your ten digit Idea mobile number for further assistance.

Regards,
Ideacellular

i dont want to create new thread for this i activated idea 3g today with 100 rs plan with 200 mb usage, now i dont understand their blabbering when they say , "if u use sites where downloads are charged , u will be charged extra" what the hell it means??? anybody with idea 3g?

i activated idea 3g today with 100 rs plan with 200 mb usage, now i dont understand their blabbering when they say , "if u use sites where downloads are charged , u will be charged extra"

I think they are referring to their WAP portal thingies where you can download religious songs or bikini clad girl pictures for some payment.

Hello EverybodyI myself now facing the issue and have received few warnings via sms from IDEA cellular to settle the unbilled usage amount to prevent outgoing calls from being barred.They are assuring me that what ever amount i pay to settle the unbilled usage amount would be adjusted against the billed amount.I have written to IDEA Corporate Customer Care's email id as i am a corporate user.I hope unbilled usage amount has to been settled if it exceeds the credit limit as per IDEA Cellular's Karnataka Circle's policy.I'll update here my experience as it progresses.