MTNL Broadband: need best wifi router !!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter suraj_singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 27,978

suraj_singh

Regular
ISP
mtnl broadband
i have mtnl wifi router which mtnl gave me in 599 plan but its rent too much 75 rs for month so i want to buy new wifi router tell me how much cost of it ?how can i configure with my laptop ? how much warranty it has if it give me problem somehow then where i can repaire it.2nd question if i switch to 795 plan how much it cost to me for every month, if i have my personal wifi router.

i have a Linksys router. i couldnt set it up with the CD it came with so it was very troublesome to set it up manually... and one day it just didnt power on. So to get it replaced i had to wake up early morning to go to the customer centre take a token and wait for 4 hours for a replacement.

If you want hassle-free configuration router get the Belkin. And if you need more features and extensive setup options go for a Netgear. Both of them with 150mbps speeds should cost around 1300 or so. Good luck.PS- i am using Netgear JWNR2000.

Belkin and Netgear both have wifi modem + router ?
can u tell me how to configure these modems/ router to my Sony laptop ?

Belkin setup is very easy. I did that on my friend's place. Just run the CD and follow the instructions. It just takes 5 mins and the router is ready. As far Netgear setup goes, it was a real pain. I just called up their customer care and they helped me very much setting it up.

ok. i m going to Belkin but give me best belkin modem cum router link and also tell me if i installed this modem can i tell to mtnl about this so that they give command from their to configure this belkin modem to my laptop or when i will installed this belkin wifi modem/router it automatacally configure mtnl connection and i surf net without telling mtnl.

ok. i m going to Belkin but give me best belkin modem cum router link and also tell me if i installed this modem can i tell to mtnl about this so that they give command from their to configure this belkin modem to my laptop or when i will installed this belkin wifi modem/router it automatacally configure mtnl connection and i surf net without telling mtnl.

Just call up MTNL people and tell them to help configuring the router.

Belkin setup is very easy. I did that on my friend's place. Just run the CD and follow the instructions. It just takes 5 mins and the router is ready. As far Netgear setup goes, it was a real pain. I just called up their customer care and they helped me very much setting it up.

Thanks. Which Belkin Wi-fi Router would you recommend for MTNL? I'm from Mumbai.

Thanks. Which Belkin Wi-fi Router would you recommend for MTNL? I'm from Mumbai.

Well that depends on your usage and budget. Belkin basic wifi router(150 mbps) will cost 1400 and that with 300 mbps will cost around 2300 bucks. If you want just basic functions then get the basic router.
PS- Both of them are just routers and do not have inbuilt modem

Asus DSL-N10E is fresh out of Asus Oven. Released in April 2012

It cost me Rs. 2050 (Price range is between 2000-2500 at various dealers)

It's both ADSL modem and 150 Mbps Wifi N router. 3 years warranty.
So far it's been rock stable. I love it's design.

Link on ebay here