ACT Broadband: Fiber cut in Indiranagar... Call center says BBMP issue

• Thread starter Thread starter nickt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 12,132

nickt

ISP
ACT
I started using ACT broadband from February 2012, service was good, as promised i used get 10Mbps speed..There was issues in between but it was rectified after complaining.Things were good till last Friday. I was not able to browse the net from Friday afternoon. When i called the call center they told it will be fixed the next day, it seems that there was some issue with the other service provider. These service provider with the help of BBMP are cutting the ACT fibre cables.. I have been calling the call center daily, they tell that it will be fixed the next day 4 pm.. Till now nothing has been done.. From yesterday the call center people are not responding. I had Airtel Broadband connection before, they had prompt service though they were a bit costly.

As you mentioned, the speed were pretty consistent and good but the connection is off for the past 5 days. First they told, rival ISPs are cutting cables, then they told it is the BBMP and now they say it is Bescom which is cutting the cables. Whatever it is, people in the call center mislead you by saying that the service will be restored in a few hours time, a days time and now they are not even committing anything. This is the second time the fibre cut issue has cropped within my 3 odd months of ownership. I am seriously planning to get my BSNL connection reinstated. ACT seems to be very unreliable.

I have an ACT connection in Kodihalli. I moved from a BSNL connection but have not cancelled it since I couldn't trust ACT 100% with respect to reliability.I got the connection on 1st April. In the past 23 days, I have called customer service at least 7-8 times when the connection was down. Even though their CSRs are available 24x7 and are quick to respond with promises, it still doesn't make up for the fact that the service is highly unreliable.In the past year that I have had BSNL, I haven't complained as many times as I have complained to ACT over the past month.I use Skype heavily and every time ACT is down, I'll be potentially spending 200-300 bucks daily on ISD calls. I was on the fence until now regarding which connection to cancel, but with this latest failure, I think I shall cancel ACT. I'd rather have a reliable 512kbps connection than a highly erratic 2Mbps one which is dead when I need it the most.

the latest i have heard is that they have no clue when the service is going to be up again. how is YOU broadband?

Unreliable is what these guys are when it comes to CC and service backup. Having gone from 100 customers to 10,000 in a short time period, they've sort of realized what they have gotten themselves into. My experiences with their CC has been laughable at times. They need more man power and professional help if they have to sustain in this market. Blaming BBMP and BESCOM for their short comings is not very sensible.

Dear AllSorry for the inconvenience caused for the past few days, some vested interest are creating severe network outages. Our team is working on to restore, repeatedly the same is going thru cuts and we are working on to resolve the issues shortly.Our commitment to the customers will be honoured and kindly bear with us.rgdsACTian

I just heard "i'm sorry, all our executives are busy, kindly press 1 to leave voice message or wait for assistance" for 20 mins when i called the CC. Is ACT sinking?

I just heard "i'm sorry, all our executives are busy, kindly press 1 to leave voice message or wait for assistance" for 20 mins when i called the CC. Is ACT sinking?

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and our executives were busy with other customer calls. do mail me or helpdesk if you have any problem and we will revert back shortly.

rgds

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and our executives were busy with other customer calls. do mail me or helpdesk if you have any problem and we will revert back shortly.

rgds

Whats the use of sending mail when u guys have no idea when the issue will be resolved.. The reply would be " Our Team is working on it and it will be resolved by EOD".

After staying on the call for more than 10 mins, the call center executive told me, they are hoping to restore the connection in 3 days. In ACT's paralance 3 days could be 3 months.

started working yesterday? In kodihalli? I dint see a trace of internet at my place yesterday.

I guess I'm just lucky 😛Though the WAN light on my router went off, so it seems that my local switch failed. I didn't bother calling customer care either, didn't want to waste time on hold.