• Views Views 3,878

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
https://goo.gl/qQ1Nw

Was trying to find the best deal on Lucknow Boy: A Memoir.

Found uRead to have the best deal 😀 They beat HomeShop18 and Bookadda by Rs. 5 😀

Since I order books through CoD, I decided to check them out.

My CoD order was placed yesterday. I would update if they work out well for me or not.

they have already shipped the book to my place! got the tracking number earlier today. i had ordered it late last night from the mobile phone 😀

my other book is to come through bookadda. got a call in the morning that it is out of stock and they are trying to get it from the vendor and it could take 4-5 days. 😕

lucknow? cool. came highly recommended. should have it in a day or two! fight club would take a week i guess.

hehe yeah. i have stopped purchasing from flipkart completely ever since i started searching for stuff through junglee. flipkart is fine when you need something urgently. even then it is a gamble considering they too can delay the delivery for unforeseen reasons. my only purchases from flipkart these days are the random MP3s i end up buying here and there.

well they have the advantage of being the most recognized brand in the market today thanks to the massive marketing across different channels. and considering their prices are rarely competitive, i am guessing that they are running their operations profitably or at a lot less loss compared to other stores. in the end profitability matters and others stores would eventually run out of venture capital and would be forced to shut down or sell.

@chromaniacThey(flipkart) are not profitable. the only thing they are worried as of now is expanding the company and making the e-commerce company of "future". Also, big revenue do helps in increasing the valuation of company which helps in earning lot of money , if company comes with IPO.e-commerce is risky biz and if you see Amazon then net profit is about 1.5% which by any standards is not good.

ah well. they are likely to be in a better position. especially considering their ad spend and the recent acquisition of letsbuy. i guess their investors are cool dudes who are not looking for short term gain. they know that the market would mature in a couple of years and the company that survives this time period would emerge as the local Amazon.

got my second book through uread within 2 days. has turned out to be pretty awesome.