Tikona Users Please help me and Suggest

• Thread starter Thread starter Nikhil Soni
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,031
i assume he is currently creating a new email id to start a new account to post praises about tikona here.

So the tech guy was here and told me to complain if upload goes below 15kbps, will wait for evening :friendlywink:. About the all home wi-fi access he said not to take the device from tikona, better buy a TP-Link router , he didnt know the model but said its around 1500 and comes with 3yr warranty. About the router nikhil asked , it can be used but the configuration will be difficult for user, he wasn't 100% sure about it.I have to take ADBB1099 plan now for better upload speed.

No matter whatever the difficulty is, I just want to confirm it yes or no...Can you please tell me the mechanism they adopt during connecting internet I mean I have heard that tikona does not uses any underground cable or wiring in connecting internet ?[[Ex. BSNL uses wired conn.]Please reply regarding this

You cannot use an rj11 adsl modem router for tikona. Their base station receives wireless signals and sends them to your house via wifi or rj45 ( No idea which one) . Buy a stand alone wifi router off the market.

No matter whatever the difficulty is, I just want to confirm it yes or no...
Can you please tell me the mechanism they adopt during connecting internet
I mean I have heard that tikona does not uses any underground cable or wiring in connecting internet ?[[Ex. BSNL uses wired conn.]
Please reply regarding this

Yes, Tikona does not use a wired connection.

They have signal transmitters (like mobile towers) installed which beam signals. A receiver box is installed in your place and a CAT5 is brought to a power adapter. Another CAT 5 connects the power adapter to your system/router.

I assume they use DHCP. No configuration of the Wifi router is required (except setting ur SSID & security keys).

Once you connect to the router, you need to open the Tikona Login page and login using the user/pwd to start browsing the internet.

The Signal receiver (Ruckus Nanostation) and the power adapter:

Thanx virj for reply ..However I am still confused whether my modem can be used or not with tikona

Thanx virj for reply ..
However I am still confused whether my modem can be used or not with tikona

Simple answer as mentioned earlier, NO.

Complicated answer, Maybe. If you mod the firmware of your ADSL+router to mute its ADSL properties and work as a standalone router.

Will it work ?

----------

hey I have read this reply from "srdmrk"
According to him it is possible ...
Please confirm it

No harm in giving it a try.

My router has 4 wan ports/ethernet
Don't know what you are talking about

----------

No harm in giving it a try.

My router has 4 ethernet ports and 1 Rj11 jack
Can you please specify?