Why am I getting such low upload speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.OK So I have Reliance broadband and the plan is the 649/- (600kbps at day and 1MBPS at night). I am from Lucknow btw (if anyone from Lucknow is reading this, please leave me your email ID in a private message. May be we can share a couple of files 😀)So the issue here is that the upload speed when I upload to Mediafire at night (at night my plan becomes 1MBPS which fetches me upload speeds of ~150kbps through speeds tests) is just poor ~70kbps. Now I get ~70kbps at day usual (at day it's 600kbps)I am not sure but I was thinking maybe if I take a plan where the bare minimum is 1mbps even at day, then may be I'll get the regular speeds of ~150kbps something? Is this a possible solution?Let me know guys! Thanks.

Reliance seems to the throttling upload speeds. I tried to transfer certain files via FTP some days back and the speeds were abysmal. It took me 1 hour to upload 13MB data. It was never been like this earlier, so I reckon some temporary issue. Or maybe this is the beginning of a new era with reliance BB.

Reliance seems to the throttling upload speeds. I tried to transfer certain files via FTP some days back and the speeds were abysmal. It took me 1 hour to upload 13MB data. It was never been like this earlier, so I reckon some temporary issue. Or maybe this is the beginning of a new era with reliance BB.

No that's not the issue. In speed tests, I always get more than 150kbps BUT when using it practically, I always get the upload speeds of the day plan that is 600Kbps. That is why I asked if I upgrade the plan where the day speed is itself 1MBPS then I'll get bare minimum 150KBps all day right? right?

No that's not the issue. In speed tests, I always get more than 150kbps BUT when using it practically, I always get the upload speeds of the day plan that is 600Kbps. That is why I asked if I upgrade the plan where the day speed is itself 1MBPS then I'll get bare minimum 150KBps all day right? right?
if this is the thing then i think i should drop the idea of switching to reliance actually i m thinking to get to reliance 999 freedom pack.

if this is the thing then i think i should drop the idea of switching to reliance actually i m thinking to get to reliance 999 freedom pack.

I'll be upgrading my plan to Freedom 999 as well definitely. I'll wait for 4-5 days more maybe it's a temporary thing. If this thing doesn't get solved, I'll try one last time with a new plan. I won't change Reliance no matter what because it is the ONLY ISP in Lucknow which offers 1MBPS without FUP at just 649/-

I'll be upgrading my plan to Freedom 999 as well definitely. I'll wait for 4-5 days more maybe it's a temporary thing. If this thing doesn't get solved, I'll try one last time with a new plan. I won't change Reliance no matter what because it is the ONLY ISP in Lucknow which offers 1MBPS without FUP at just 649/-
yeah thats ryt well i m an airtel user ryt now but i m a hardcore user and my main work is downloading and uploading 😛 so thats y i m going to switch to reliance freedon 999rs 😀

yeah thats ryt well i m an airtel user ryt now but i m a hardcore user and my main work is downloading and uploading 😛 so thats y i m going to switch to reliance freedon 999rs 😀

You too from Lucknow?

yeah 😀 i sent u frnd request 😉

Accepted. Add me on mediafirecaptain @ yahoo DOT in on Y! Messenger. Let me know if you are free to have a chat just now!

Accepted. Add me on mediafirecaptain @ yahoo DOT in on Y! Messenger. Let me know if you are free to have a chat just now!

me always free 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.